Nighshade Spray on your Soft Top Windows

1yellowjk

So I had this great idea, that nightshade spary tint stuff you use for your taillights, why not try that on your soft top windows. Well here's why not.
First I prep'd the windows and cleaned them and taped them off. Then layed them flat on my work bench and began the process of going over lightly and trying to make even passes. It looked great on my bench, so I grabbed the other window and went to town. After they had dried for about 3 hours I picked them up and OMG....it looks horrible, you can see dark and light areas and it's almost impossible to see through.

I will have to black them out just so the don't look like crud from the inside, looking from the outside they look sweet.

Just a warning if someone wants to try it...I wouldn't! :)

I'll get some pictures later today to share my mistake...oh and why are replacement windows so expensive? :(

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Too bad your so far away I have a top with extra windows. And Holeshot plasti dipped his and it turned out horrible.

1yellowjk

Too bad your so far away I have a top with extra windows. And Holeshot plasti dipped his and it turned out horrible.

Thanks man, wish I was closer.

I'm going to try some acetone and see if that works to remove it...even if it clouds the plastic I can "normal tint" the windows and at least be able to see through them somewhat.

On a good note I did use what was left to tint my tail lights and the front turn signals, that turned out great! :)

Top Bottom