paint

1yellowjk

Hey ladies and gents, just saw a jk with a rhinoline painted exterior? Is that very practical?
\

Practical? I guess it's more of a personnal choice thing, it's not going to stop body damage, it will help against rocks messing up the paint, but I don't see any added value or "real" protection....although the flat black kinda looks cool IMO.

Devallee

Like 1yellowjk said its more of a personal choice. I'm planning on color match bed lining my exterior for the simple reason of loving the way it looks and it cuts down on the pin striping a little. I'm sure plenty of people have reasons why or why not to do it but our jeeps our money, to each their own :thumb:

metaldemon

My friend did his Cheby Blazer in flat black. I didn't know if I would like it till I saw it. It has been three years now, and it still looks good. He did it because it was cheaper than having it painted. Plus it takes tree scrapes pretty good.

Webe

I used to have a Samuri that I did this too. It was nice becuase I could just crash thru the bushes and not worry about scatches. I didn't get rock chips. But I wouldn't recommend doing it if you like a clean vehicle. It's not like just running it through the carwash. You have to scrub the hell out of it to get a good dull shine. lol. I'd rather have a few coats of wax and a shine smooth surface anyday unless its just a total off road vehicle.:beer:

OJK12

Why not do a vinyl wrap? You could go through brush and let the wrap take the abuse then pull it off and still have a great looking paint job. Just my 2 cents but to me this would be the best route.

saFFFari

I did mine. And boy do I love it. I like to look out my house window every now and then, just to admire it Lol.

Attachments

• image-4090759584.jpg
    image-4090759584.jpg
    477.1 KB · Views: 48
  • image-1466603793.jpg
    image-1466603793.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 49
  • image-585005122.jpg
    image-585005122.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 49

saFFFari

And do I think it's practical.. Well it depends on what u plan to do. I drive thru brush every now and then, and yes.. It's practical to avoid pin striping. Now if u want it strictly for looks, then u also have to accept the fact that it will not prevent dents.

Top Bottom