Going with 2.5 coil lift. Looking for reviews on various coils

TooTall

After scowering the forum for the last view days and getting some good info in the process Ive decided to start my own thread.

Decided to go with a 2.5 coil lift for a 35" setup. Thought about doing something like the RK 2.5 max travel but thats more than we need for the wheeling we do.

What I've deduced so far is that skyjacker coils are not that great quality and will sag after addition of bumpers&winch. Teraflex's springs are very stiff and will make the ride feel like I'm driving a Semi. Other manufacturers I'm looking at are Full Traction, Rubicon Express, Rock Krawler and BDS.

Please feel free to chime in with your best non-bias reviews. Thanks.

TooTall

What kind of wheeling do you plan to do?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

We have property in SW Colorado so we spend a lot of time in those mountains. Have no intention of doing trails like Poughkeepsie Gulch just wanting some more clearnace/stability. We are from North Texas so other than our trips to Colorado we spend sometime at Barnwell Mountain and Bridgeport OHV.

FoxC

Have you thought about a budget boost lift? Its enough for 35's, will help maintain a decent ride using the stock coils and save some money for other mods.:yup: We'll be going this route for my brother-in-law's JKU.

RUMMY

AEV springs are one of the smoothest I have ever used and won't sag . They are a progressive spring and also work great for towing .

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TooTall

AEV springs are one of the smoothest I have ever used and won't sag . They are a progressive spring and also work great for towing .

Good to know, thanks! We do tow a small 4ft trailer from time to time.

RUMMY

I have towed around 3000 with my 2005 rubicon unlimited and I couldn't even tell it was behind me . I also used Bilstein 5100 shocks which made the ride even better .

Jerms

I just posted a set of Teraflex coils in the classifieds. Exactly what you need. In my opinion, they rode great. Not too stiff for me with 35 Nittos

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I just posted a set of Teraflex coils in the classifieds. Exactly what you need. In my opinion, they rode great. Not too stiff for me with 35 Nittos

^^^ what Jerms said. I just threw the teraflex 2.5" spring lift on my jeep with bilstein 5100 shocks and I love it! Great ride. Not to stiff and not to soft. I'm very happy

Sent from my iPhone

Paisano

I have a few friends that use the EVO Enforcer Kit and I've seen it in action, great flex and the Plush Ride Coil Springs are very comfortable on the road. :yup:

Jerms

Pic with 2.5 teraflex

image.jpg

Here's a good idea of how the 2.5 looks. It wasn't strapped down yet btw.

I installed a 3/4 puck just bc of winch and bumper

TonkaJK1031

I have the 2.5" teraflex lift with teraflex shocks and i love it. ive got 33's on right now but plenty of room for 35's

Top Bottom