Kinda confused!!

Tyler02

My jk is a 2007 unlimited x. I've been doing some searching and from what I understand if you have the towing package, which I do, you should have 4.10 gears. However, on the rear 44 diff cover it is stamped with 3.21.

Tyler02

When you say available to the auto do you mean it was just an option because I have an auto?I'm kinda wondering if someone just got the towing package but didn't get the gears.

This is possible.. The higher gears would've been part of the "max tow" package or ordered separately. I can't speak for all model years. But 11,12,13. 4:10s were only for the Rubicons. Max tow would get you 3:73.

For 13 even the auto rubi only comes standard with 3:73. Manual still has the 4:10 std

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Edit now that I'm at my desk and out of the meeting... If one simply added a "towing package" it would only add the wiring harness and hitch.

Last edited:

phillypete

I don't have the link handy, but if you do a google search you can find the jeep/Chrysler website that will allow you to download your exact build sheet based on your VIN.

simonjk

Caught the Bug
I don't have the link handy, but if you do a google search you can find the jeep/Chrysler website that will allow you to download your exact build sheet based on your VIN.

I second that. Thats how I found all my info since buying used I didn't know what gears I had

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
My jk is a 2007 unlimited x. I've been doing some searching and from what I understand if you have the towing package, which I do, you should have 4.10 gears. However, on the rear 44 diff cover it is stamped with 3.21.

Do the tire spin to axle rotation spin to find out. My 07 Unlimited X came with 4.10 gears, yours might too.

You can go to your dealer and get a build sheet which will tell you everything you need to know about your JK. I did and found there are 3.73 gears in both axles.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Of your axle is stamped with 3.21's (both front and rear) and you door sticker on the b pillar says 3.21, it's pretty safe to say you have 3.21's. especially if you are the original owner. No need for a bull sheet.

sean.m.adams33

This is what I did. It will give you all the specs. Good info to have. You can find it through google.

Go to the jeep website make an account and type in the vin and it will show you want gears and opinions you have. I have 4:10 in my 07 and its an x with max tow and auto, also you should check if you have a Dana 35 because some jk's in 07 got lucky and got a 35 and not a 44 and some other jks got the 4:10

Tyler02

Thanks for all the help guys I confirmed I do have 3.21 gears I was hoping that's what it had as sluggish as it is with the 33's I'm running. I'm planning on moving up to 4.88 whenever I get the chance.

sean.m.adams33

Thanks for all the help guys I confirmed I do have 3.21 gears I was hoping that's what it had as sluggish as it is with the 33's I'm running. I'm planning on moving up to 4.88 whenever I get the chance.

Do you have a programmer i.e. procal or flashcal? That should adjust the shift points so you aren't sluggish.

Top Bottom