Looking for another Jk

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Well like the title says...looking to extend the family lol. My wife loves my jk and I want a 4 door. So I'm giving her my 10' 2door rubi on 35s and getting me a 4 door. The question is...I want another rubi, but I don't know if I should get one. I can honestly say I haven't used my rubi for its potential, I.e. e-lockers, sway bar, and well switched out the suspension. With the rubis being amywhere from 3/4 thousand to 10 thousand over a sport or sahara, idk what to get. I want to put 37s on it, but with a 30 upfront I don't. I want to build it up but it will take 3-5 years from now to fully commit to new axles and all. Please help me make the right decision. Also I'm only wanting soft top, and power package. None of the fancy fancy gagets. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jhires

Well like the title says...looking to extend the family lol. My wife loves my jk and I want a 4 door. So I'm giving her my 10' 2door rubi on 35s and getting me a 4 door. The question is...I want another rubi, but I don't know if I should get one. I can honestly say I haven't used my rubi for its potential, I.e. e-lockers, sway bar, and well switched out the suspension. With the rubis being amywhere from 3/4 thousand to 10 thousand over a sport or sahara, idk what to get. I want to put 37s on it, but with a 30 upfront I don't. I want to build it up but it will take 3-5 years from now to fully commit to new axles and all. Please help me make the right decision. Also I'm only wanting soft top, and power package. None of the fancy fancy gagets. Thanks in advance.

Spend it now or spend it later. :)
A Rubi will get you the 4:1 transfer case and 4:11 gears inside d44's front and rear. But if you are changing out the axles later anyway, then at least the axle gearing won't matter. I don't use 4-low very often or the electric lockers in mine, but the electric swaybar disconnect is awesome for just forest service roads and helps keep the pitching from side to side down when coming across ruts and holes.

Short term I think you would be happier with the Rubi if you take it off road at all. Then just sell the takeoff parts when you upgrade.

Webe

Find a used RUBI. Let someone else take the fall of the new price. The dealers can also search for them too if you don't want to take the time to go get one some where.

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Ok so I shall look for a rubi. It will be better for selling take offs too.

Discount Tire

If you are only doing moderate off roading you may not need to upgrade to larger than 44's so I'd go for the Rubi as well. Sure, it would be nice to install 60's when you install your 37's, but its not a must. The correct gears in the stock Rubi Axles is plenty for most Jeep owners anyway and you can reinforce them if you want to as well. Now, in the future, if you get more addicted to hitting the trails and you start doing to more hardcore 4x4 stuff, yeah, upgraded axles for increased strength would be nice.

simonjk

Caught the Bug
So unless its broken or such. Just keep the 44s

JKNuts

I have a 2011 JKUR that I need to sell. It is black, loaded and a very nice vehicle. It belonged to my son who was my jeeping buddy and business partner. He died in May from cancer. I have to follow the probate court in selling it so I can't offer huge discounts but it's a great Jeep. He wanted me to have it but I have a 2009 just like it but with less factory options and a whole lot more mods. It has 15000 miles, a 3 inch Teraflex lift, 35 inch BFG mud terrain tires, bushwacker flat fenders. Teraflex front bumper with
warn winch, smittybilt rear bumper and rock rails along with some square LED lights in the front. It is located in Utah and has been well cared for. I think high book is $32K which is crazy. I would hope I can sell it in the high 20's.

Last edited:

Discount Tire

So unless its broken or such. Just keep the 44s

That's what I would do. I look at any parts I break as an opportunity to upgrade. (knock on wood) As much as I would love to upgrade some more things on my jeep right now I can't afford it right now.

Discount Tire

I have a 2011 JKUR that I need to sell. It is black, loaded and a very nice vehicle. It belonged to my son who was my jeeping buddy and business partner. He died in May from cancer. I have to follow the probate court in selling it so I can't offer huge discounts but it's a great Jeep. He wanted me to have it but I have a 2009 just like it but with less factory options and a whole lot more mods. It has 15000 miles, a 3 inch Teraflex lift, 35 inch BFG mud terrain tires, bushwacker flat fenders. Teraflex front bumper with warn wench, smittybilt rear bumper and rock rails along with some square LED lights in the front. It is located in Utah and has been well cared for. I think high book is $32K which is crazy. I would hope I can sell it in the high 20's.

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like a nice Jeep though good luck selling it.

simonjk

Caught the Bug
I have a 2011 JKUR that I need to sell. It is black, loaded and a very nice vehicle. It belonged to my son who was my jeeping buddy and business partner. He died in May from cancer. I have to follow the probate court in selling it so I can't offer huge discounts but it's a great Jeep. He wanted me to have it but I have a 2009 just like it but with less factory options and a whole lot more mods. It has 15000 miles, a 3 inch Teraflex lift, 35 inch BFG mud terrain tires, bushwacker flat fenders. Teraflex front bumper with
warn winch, smittybilt rear bumper and rock rails along with some square LED lights in the front. It is located in Utah and has been well cared for. I think high book is $32K which is crazy. I would hope I can sell it in the high 20's.

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately we are wanting the new engine. Good luck selling it tho.

gyoja75

I may have to make a road trip next month.

"Sua Sponte"

JKNuts

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately we are wanting the new engine. Good luck selling it tho.

Thanks, I agree with you about the engine. 2011 is a tough jeep to sell because of that. Enjoy the search.

KJ_CJtoJK

I personally find the 4:1 rubi transfer case to be a real negative. It's great for rock crawling, but the standard transfer case with the 2.75:1 low gear is a much better ratio for mud, sand and snow. With the rubi transfer, when not rock crawling, you will run into situations where high range is too high and low range is too low.

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Never really thought all that much about the t case. My 2 door rubi I onky use 4wd when I need it and it gets me out.

Top Bottom