37's on 2012 with 4:10's

berry2k

Eddie I just ordered a rubicon 12. I wanted to know how your's did coming back for Moab up those hills on the I70.
Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie I just ordered a rubicon 12. I wanted to know how your's did coming back for Moab up those hills on the I70.
Thanks

honestly, it does great and i'm very happy with it. even with just factory 4.10 gears, it's still got a lot of power.

berry2k

depends on how hard i drive. if i give it a lot of gas and pass (yes, pass) slower cars on the highway, maybe 13-14 mpg. if i drive conservatively, more like 17.
you said pass (a word I don't understand) since I owned a tj and my friend owns a 08 jk we are the slow cars.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
depends on how hard i drive. if i give it a lot of gas and pass (yes, pass) slower cars on the highway, maybe 13-14 mpg. if i drive conservatively, more like 17.

i dont believe you will ever see 17 :cheesy:

FWIW
I have to agree. We are really happy with 37's and 4:10's. We're not cheaters like Eddie. Ours is a 6 speed

Sharkey

Word Ninja
MTG and I probably averaged about 16.5-17 in his 2012 with 35's on the way back from Moab (I-80). I will say this, his 2012 with 35's and 4:10's is noticeably more powerful than my 2009 with 33's and 4:10's, especially at freeway speeds.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
i dont believe you will ever see 17 :cheesy:

on the way up to moab, mituk was having some issues and so we had to drive really slow - 65 mph max and got really good mpg. but, since then, we're doing more like 13.5-14.5. of course, we live in the hills and of course, you know how i drive :D

I have to agree. We are really happy with 37's and 4:10's. We're not cheaters like Eddie. Ours is a 6 speed

LOL!! no need to hate, you know that our white JK is a 6-speed so we're only part time cheaters :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
MTG and I probably averaged about 16.5-17 in his 2012 with 35's on the way back from Moab (I-80). I will say this, his 2012 with 35's and 4:10's is noticeably more powerful than my 2009 with 33's and 4:10's, especially at freeway speeds.

oh man, our 2012 with 4.10's running 37's is more powerful than our white JK ever was running 5.13's and 35's. as mentioned, we can pass people on the highway - something unheard of in an older JK :crazyeyes:

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
Let me toss my 2 cents in here. I've got 37X12.50X17 Goodyear MT/R's with 5:13 gears. Automatic with a 3.6 (2012 JKRU). I do have an aFe intake and a Banks Cat Back. At 70 MPH I am turning 2750 RPM's in overdrive. On the highway I average 16.8-17.1 mpg. Around town, daily driving, I am getting 14.9-15.3. Around town I tend to use the skinny peddle a bit more. Also, driving thru the mountains of Colorado seems to have no effect with the gears on performance or mpg.

I was worried that it might be geared to high however with the new 5 speed auto it has turned out well.

Brian

Top Bottom