Cobra 75wxst SWR

ilikedirt2011

so i installed my Cobra 75wxst CB the other day and im trying to do the SWR and the radio has a different connection than the standard coax that the SWR has.Anyone know of an adapter or something to make this work? i can post pics in a bit.
Thanks!

so i installed my Cobra 75wxst CB the other day and im trying to do the SWR and the radio has a different connection than the standard coax that the SWR has.Anyone know of an adapter or something to make this work? i can post pics in a bit.
Thanks!

Are you referring to the part that plugs into the box? If so use the other side and put the swr meter in between the antenna and the box not the cb and the box. That make sense?

ilikedirt2011

Are you referring to the part that plugs into the box? If so use the other side and put the swr meter in between the antenna and the box not the cb and the box. That make sense?

Haha yeah. That makes total sense. Just need a short coax n I'm good! I'm dumb. Lol. Thanks.

RUMMY

Some great articles on YouTube on cb set up .

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

The cobra75 is pretty simple to set up. Depending on your ground and antenna should be able to get your swr around 1.2. My wife and I both run them.

Is that the one with everything in the handle? If so are they worth buying over a standard CB?

Yes it's all in the handle. What's "worth" vs not? It more about preference and need. I like it because of what you said it's all in one. I didn't want to mount a full cb anywhere. So for me yes that's worth it, but others would disagree because of options probably. I haven't ran a cb in years so this one was perfect for what I wanted.

Ldogg

I have one too, and I like the size. If I didn't have an sPod and had the tuffy overhead storage I may have sprung for a cobra 29. I like the 75 for its size and the fact that I can lock it up in the console if I need to. The speaker is ok, but an external speaker will be much better. Cooltech makes a sweet bracket to mount it next to the center stack too.

Spartan

I had mine hooked up to a little external speaker that sat right next to the tweeter on the dash of my 2010 JKUR, and worked great. Plenty loud even at Hwy speeds.

Top Bottom