Anybody pound out gas tank skid dents?

ttfhell

I've been noticing my gas tank is taking less gas at fill ups than it used to and getting less miles per tank yet mpg is the same. When I should be down to a gallon or two left I'm only able to squeeze in 18 gallons or so on a 22 gal tank. Was at the dealer today for a cracked evap canister. While under the jeep the tech asked if I noticed I was getting less miles per tank as the skid is bent up the whole length. Kind of made sense. Of course they wanted to sell me a skid but I'm not going to do that. Have some road trips coming up and would like the whole tank. Any body done this? Jeep at the dealer still so can't get under now to take a look. Worth doing? Any experience?
Thanks

Attachments

• image-4064946033.jpg
    image-4064946033.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 130
  • image-3933944106.jpg
    image-3933944106.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 130

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nah, it's really not that big of a deal and if you think about it, you now have more clearance :D

ttfhell

Nah, it's really not that big of a deal and if you think about it, you now have more clearance :D

Literally laughing out loud. It sounds like the tank is supported by the skid which sounds like a pain to work around. More clearance is good. 60's going in Tuesday. Think that gets me an inch...Nothing wrong with that.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Literally laughing out loud. It sounds like the tank is supported by the skid which sounds like a pain to work around. More clearance is good. 60's going in Tuesday. Think that gets me an inch...Nothing wrong with that.

Yeah, the skid holds the tank. It's not too hard to lower, remove the cell and pound out but really, you're just gonna do it again. I've been running like this for over 6 years now.

ttfhell

Yeah, the skid holds the tank. It's not too hard to lower, remove the cell and pound out but really, you're just gonna do it again. I've been running like this for over 6 years now.

Thanks Eddie, maybe if I get bored I'll beat on it. Most likely just fill up more often.

Top Bottom