Seat belt beeper deactivation ?

RUMMY

Ok how do you over ride the seatbelt chime when seat belt is not on in a 2013 JKRU ?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

If there is a way it will be in the owners manual. I was able to turn mine off in my Ram. Just have not had the time to investigate.

r/
Will

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Ok how do you over ride the seatbelt chime when seat belt is not on in a 2013 JKRU ?

If I can remember, turn key to but don't start . As soon as you turn the key on insert you seat belt in and out for 10secs then insert the seat belt let in then turn off key. The remove seat belt then turn on key.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

If I can remember, turn key to but don't start . As soon as you turn the key on insert you seat belt in and out for 10secs then insert the seat belt let in then turn off key. The remove seat belt then turn on key.

My '11 Avenger is clip/unclip the belt three times in 10 seconds (reset randomly after a few weeks)...Hrm, I should try it in the Jeeper.

10frank9

Web Wheeler

Yes do this but on e last one leave the seatbelt on and voila! No more chime.
😄

RUMMY

The only time I don't wear it is if I'm at low speed and not doing anything crazy but it's mainly for my dad because he is a Lil on the large side at 6ft7 and 350 . He totally refuses to wear it and the chime makes me all most as crazy as he does . But we have to give older Vets a Lil more patients sometimes . Not to mention the jeep is a Lil small for us to duke it out in . Thanks for all the help I will try to figure it out again .

fjatl

I found this on another forum and just did it...worked like a charm.

-DO NOT START THE JEEP.

-Get in.
-Buckle-up
-turn the key to ACC on.
-Once the seatbelt dummy light goes out, unbuckle and buckle 3 or more times.
-turn off and remove the key. You should hear a confirmation tone.

fjatl said:
I found this on another forum and just did it...worked like a charm.

-DO NOT START THE JEEP.

-Get in.
-Buckle-up
-turn the key to ACC on.
-Once the seatbelt dummy light goes out, unbuckle and buckle 3 or more times.
-turn off and remove the key. You should hear a confirmation tone.

Omg. Thank you. Thank you.

DCR JEEP

Thanks a lot for the help! Will still need the seatbelt for steep hills when wheeling or I'll fly thru the windshield lol

-Big E

Drunic

That's awesome! I have a silly electronic error the dealer can't figure out. When its 40 deg and rainy I get a seat belt tone when I use my blinker. That's the only time it occurs and they scratch their heads. This will help my sanity at those times!

Top Bottom