Replacing slave cylinder having leaking issues need help

Fmj2003

Replacing slave cylinder having leaking issues updated with pics

I'm in the process if replacing my slave cylinder. After connecting new slave cyclinder it's leaking from the point where the hose connects into the slave cylinder.
I don't know if the hose is bad and I can't figure out why it's leakng. I did notice that there was an o-ring in the old slave cylinder that wasn't on the new one so I took it off and put it on the new one and its still leaking.

Also the old slave cyclinder was leaking from the inside and not at the hose point.
Please help

Last edited:

Mr.T

I'm in the process if replacing my slave cylinder. After connecting new slave cyclinder it's leaking from the point where the hose connects into the slave cylinder.
I don't know if the hose is bad and I can't figure out why it's leakng. I did notice that there was an o-ring in the old slave cylinder that wasn't on the new one so I took it off and put it on the new one and its still leaking.

Also the old slave cyclinder was leaking from the inside and not at the hose point.
Please help

The 0-ring should have stayed on the hydraulic tube, and it doesn't come with the slave. If the o-ring came off the tubing, it may be damaged -- In any case, it should go on the tubing first, then pushed into the slave.

BTW, after this leak is solved and it's bled, exercise the pedal several times and then remove the slave from the bell housing (leaving the hydraulic line connected). Now peel back the rubber boot (forward end) and check for any brake fluid, which would mean that the piston is leaking past it's seal. I've had new ones leak, and this test let's you know right away.

:beer:

Fmj2003

Thanks for the info. I was thinking that the hydraulic clutch tube was bad and had to order one from jeep so hopefully that fixes the leak. And ill make sure to check it for a leak after the install.

Fmj2003

Here's a pic of the hydraulic tube. I'm guessing that its not supposed to look like this looks like there's plastic missing off the tip.
87D202BD-873F-426D-8B9A-15AC76DB72DA-19230-00000DCE9FE87273.jpg

Mr.T

Here's a pic of the hydraulic tube. I'm guessing that its not supposed to look like this looks like there's plastic missing off the tip.

Yep, not supposed to look like that. The plastic did not appear split like that either, maybe the piece on the end held the split part together? Not sure how the o-ring makes a seal, never saw it split apart like that.

Any possibility parts are still stuck inside the old slave? It's tough finding parts on the weekend.

Fmj2003

Well I followed your advice and put the o-ring on the hydraulic tube to see if that fixed the leak and it did fix the leak. So I was gonna order the hydraulic tube from the dealership put everything's working now. Just got done bleeding it. Thanks again for the advice I would have been stranded waiting on a new tube that I didn't really need.

Mr.T

Well I followed your advice and put the o-ring on the hydraulic tube to see if that fixed the leak and it did fix the leak. So I was gonna order the hydraulic tube from the dealership put everything's working now. Just got done bleeding it. Thanks again for the advice I would have been stranded waiting on a new tube that I didn't really need.
Good work, glad to help out.
:beer:

Top Bottom