2008 soft top with terrible wind noise

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
My 2dr JKX soft top has wind noise so bad we have yell at each other to have a conversation above 50 mph. I can pull down on the header and it cuts noise level in half. I compared it to other Jk's,mine sticks up higher than the one I looked at. Is there a trick to adjusting it or homemade fix?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepFan

Hooked
I had the same problem with my soft top as well. I removed the soft top and installed weatherstripping between the header and soft top. If you google wrangler soft top wind noise you'll find some write ups on the web.

The weatherstrip trick will get rid of most of the wind noise.

MrMadMunky

Look for the silencer system. I bought one for my 08 soft top and it made a big difference still not like driving in a truck cab but then again you have a jeep and the top is only on a few months out of the year anyways.

Jeep ZRV Edition

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Ok I will give it a try.It doesn't bother me that much, it gets on the wife's nerve.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'd try a new header and/or try adjusting your windshield before I wasted my money on the "silencer". But that's just my .02.

txjeeplover

I'd try a new header and/or try adjusting your windshield before I wasted my money on the "silencer". But that's just my .02.

I agree. Mopar released a revised soft top header kit for the earlier JKs that replaces the plastic support structure of the soft top header panel with a metal one. Installing the revised panel is an immediate and noticeable improvement.

Top Bottom