2 door back seat removal help

JKbrick

I have not tried to remove the back seat until today, and cannot get it to "tumble" out. It will fold down but that is it. I purchased my Jeep used and I believe the first owner installed it incorrectly. There appears to be 2 metal loops in front of each other in the floor to hook it to, and I believe the front bracket on the seat is in the wrong loop. It is in the furthest most forward loop. Any ideas how to get it to tumble up so I can get it out? I will try to post a picture of what I am talking about. Maybe someone could tip their back seat up and post a pic so I can tell why my seat won't release? Any help would be appreciated.

JKbrick

The back of the seat bottom is latched to something and won't move forward, back, or up. I don't know...

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That hook is supposed to be in the other loop. When you fold the seat up just wiggle it and it should come out.

JKbrick

Can you send me a pic of the rear latch? That is what is caught and I can't get it to raise to wiggle it out of the loop it's in, thanks

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Drop the seat a little bit. Get it so it is just above the floor, but unhooked from the rear loop, and push forward. Looking at the picture again, if its jammed in there, your going to need some muscle to get it out.

JKbrick

Do you think I need to push it towards the back to unhook it from the rear loop? That is part of my problem is I cannot see under the back to see what it is caught on. Thanks, I'll keep trying

catahoula

Caught the Bug
You gotta lift it up they are awkward as hell. Just like Overlander said the hook belongs on the front.

JKbrick

I really appreciate your guys advice, I finally got it loose by pile driving it forward, thought it was in there forever

Cajun JK

Glad you got it out. Now you can put it in the right slot. I don't even use my rear seat. It's packed away. I have a tuffy security deck installed.

Top Bottom