wobbly tire

darksider1

I was wondering if anyone has ever had their tire on their jeep shake and if so what was the solution. My jeep does it but only on certain rodes and at certain speeds it has the wheels balanced so that's not the problem it has done it with different wheels and with different also tires. I can't figure it out. Could it be an alignment?

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Are your wheels properly balanced? Is it the wheel that wobbles or are you experiencing the vehicle as a whole?

GuillaumeC91

Are your wheels properly balanced? Is it the wheel that wobbles or are you experiencing the vehicle as a whole?

Could just be bad luck, but the fact that he mentions it happened with different wheels and tires would make me lean towards suspension/steering.

jeeeep

Hooked
I was wondering if anyone has ever had their tire on their jeep shake and if so what was the solution. My jeep does it but only on certain rodes and at certain speeds it has the wheels balanced so that's not the problem it has done it with different wheels and with different also tires. I can't figure it out. Could it be an alignment?

if it were death wobble you would recognize it by the immediate need to stop and change your shorts lol...jokes aside, you mention tire..just one tire is shaking or both? how many miles?
have you checked to make sure the disc retainer rings are removed? if they are still on and you have aftermarket wheels they could not be mounted flat against the disc, no leaking at the ends of the axles? ball joints are not worn out? your steering stabilizer is still good? you'll need to remove it and compress it by hand, there should be smooth resistance

darksider1

darksider1

death wobble video

sorry i hadnt replied guys i was busy trying to figure this problem and it is the death wobble wtf this is some scary shit and jeep doesnt want to cough up the money or aknowledge the problem i found a video that shows exactly what happens to my jeep thanks for the help and ill spread the word. has anybody added an aftermarket stabilizing bar its supposed to fix the problem and if so which brand im going to give it a shot and hope it works heres the video link http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/video?id=8547355&pid=8547340&syndicate=syndicate&section=

darksider1

if it were death wobble you would recognize it by the immediate need to stop and change your shorts lol...jokes aside, you mention tire..just one tire is shaking or both? how many miles?
have you checked to make sure the disc retainer rings are removed? if they are still on and you have aftermarket wheels they could not be mounted flat against the disc, no leaking at the ends of the axles? ball joints are not worn out? your steering stabilizer is still good? you'll need to remove it and compress it by hand, there should be smooth resistance
its the death wobble

Tranquillity

At what speed does it happen ?

I started some mild wobble due to a worn track bar, dealer changed it under warranty without any problem.

Steering damper won't solve your problem, only mask it. I'd start with the track bar, ball joint and tie rod but most likely the track bar.

mrmet1983

Shake what your momma gave ya lol I wud check ur tie rods and all steering components also check drag link

2013 JKUR 4" Enforcer lift w/ 35" fierce attitude MTs , RR modular front bump w/ warnvr8k

Top Bottom