Storage ideas

Hightower

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1374600257.783815.jpg

What do you keep in the stock jack compartment other than the stock jack?

Driver driver GAS!
WAYALIFE mobile app

Hightower

A roll of emergency toilet paper, double bagged in freezer bags.

Greg

Its good you have a couple weeks of overseas experience behind your belt because without practice :icon_crazy::eek: hitting the target :eek: (freezer bags) without a little :naw:practice from those middle east restrooms can lead to much collateral damage. :grayno: I find it nearly impossible to explaining the collateral damages to a hastily convened :furious3: congressional hearings :crazyeyes: headed by Rep Shea Larsen can be a wee bit well enough said.:crazyeyes::cheesy::cheesy:

GCM 2

Greg

Its good you have a couple weeks of overseas experience behind your belt because without practice :icon_crazy::eek: hitting the target :eek: (freezer bags) without a little :naw:practice from those middle east restrooms can lead to much collateral damage. :grayno: I find it nearly impossible to explaining the collateral damages to a hastily convened :furious3: congressional hearings :crazyeyes: headed by Rep Shea Larsen can be a wee bit well enough said.:crazyeyes::cheesy::cheesy:

Haha! Unless you travel to a Muslim country, people have no idea about the collateral damage that goes along with a society of "squatters" :icon_crazy:

You must be in the Army. That sounds like something from experience. :brows:

Official Overlanding Rulebook- Tip #37; A civilized man of the brush, shall always be prepared so as to necessitate a clean deposit and swiping away of fecal matter by the methodical use of a clean, soft, two ply, absorbent material of biodegradable nature. *Additional guidance can be found in- Section 9.6.5, Emergency Situations, Austere Environments, Shatting

It's all in the book ;)

Hightower

Haha! Unless you travel to a Muslim country, people have no idea about the collateral damage that goes along with a society of "squatters" :icon_crazy:

Official Overlanding Rulebook- Tip #37; A civilized man of the brush, shall always be prepared so as to necessitate a clean deposit and swiping away of fecal matter by the methodical use of a clean, soft, two ply, absorbent material of biodegradable nature. *Additional guidance can be found in- Section 9.6.5, Emergency Situations, Austere Environments, Shatting

It's all in the book ;)

Greg in edition six Tip # 37 rambles on for about 300 pages about whether a true overlander can run and or wipe with anything more than 1 ply, It's wearied because the snorkel section of the same edition is only 3 pages long.

GCM 2

Greg in edition six Tip # 37 rambles on for about 300 pages about whether a true overlander can run and or wipe with anything more than 1 ply, It's wearied because the snorkel section of the same edition is only 3 pages long.

Yes, that is very true and it is actually quite simple. Snorkels are straight forward, simple devices. Where as "personal trail hygiene is art in itself" (quoted from The Book of Wheeling, How Real Men Do it).

phillypete

Yes, that is very true and it is actually quite simple. Snorkels are straight forward, simple devices. Where as "personal trail hygiene is art in itself" (quoted from The Book of Wheeling, How Real Men Do it).

You guys are doing it wrong. TP is soo 1900's.

Baby wipes!

They are prepackaged in a durable, travel friendly package. They are much more versatile than standard TP (have you ever tried to clean grease off your hands with TP?). If you find yourself without running water for an extended period of time; four wipes, if used strategically, can be the next best thing to a shower.

And let me tell you, nothing will put a little extra spring in your step than a nice swabbing with a moist towelette!

I have two packs in a jk at all times!

Hightower

Greg u are my friend and advisor but the fact you have never told me or worse where hiding the miracle of this "baby wipe" invention makes me question other advice you have given me. fir example "the LS and the Dana 30 are completely compatible and is the only way to go epically when running 42" or "driver driver ok pin it there is lots of room on top to stop" :)

Driver driver GAS!
WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

phillypete

Kirkland Flushable Wipes are a Godsend! Keeps that little brown starfish fresh and clean! :brows:

ok, now we have really digressed.

I have a one year old, so my wife buys a crate-worth whenever she sees any brand on sale. I haven't developed a brand preference as of yet.

I am guessing P&G and KC account for 90% of the wipe market despite what the package brand might say.

GCM 2

Greg u are my friend and advisor but the fact you have never told me or worse where hiding the miracle of this "baby wipe" invention makes me question other advice you have given me.

Driver driver GAS!
WAYALIFE mobile app

A gentlemen will always have a few secrets he keeps to himself......but now that mcpuck has let the starfish out of the bag :icon_crazy: Yes, a nice little cool moist towelette to finish up on the brown wrinkle grommet is a true professional's technique :rock:

....."the LS and the Dana 30 are completely compatible and is the only way to go epically when running 42" or "driver driver ok pin it there is lots of room on top to stop" :)

As Mel and I like to say....."You do want to make it in the video don't you?"

Top Bottom