Stinger or Brush Guard... help me decide!!

fredfunk

I'm fabbing up my own bumper and have reached a fork in the road...
should i go with a traditional brush guard and a top mounted winch or a stinger and a low mount winch? Here are my ideas on paper:
bumper choices.jpg

Paisano

I say stinger with a low mounted winch. I love the Stinger look!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fredfunk

Yeah, I will never run trails tough enough to warrant a true stinger but I do like the look. I like the other one too though.

My friend says the stingers look like bubba gumps overbite :)

mrmet1983

I personally love my stinger !!! It's great for approaching and obstacle and knowing exactly where the farthest point of your jeep is. It looks damn sexy too
:)

2013 JKUR 4" Enforcer lift w/ 35" fierce attitude MTs , RR modular front bump w/ warnvr8k

TonkaJK1031

I'm in the same spot. I like the brush guard and the stinger. But I kinda think the stinger is a little overkill. Well at least for mudding anyways.

Paisano

Yeah, I will never run trails tough enough to warrant a true stinger but I do like the look. I like the other one too though.

My friend says the stingers look like bubba gumps overbite :)

My friend hates my Stinger also, he always threatens to cut it off!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fredfunk

Functionally they should both be about the same since I live and drive in FLORIDA...
Which option do you think looks better as depicted? The stinger will probably look a little better in the short term as I won't have the winch till christmas :)

The stinger also might be a tiny bit easier to fab... If I can get the pipe to bend that much without kinking...

Top Bottom