Air Dam

JKRandall

Just curious but l have a 2 Dr 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport and was thinking about taking out the Air Dam. Just wanted to know if anyone had any issues after doing this?

Thanks

xtremefx4

No issue mines a 2011. Now I have a body armor bumper on it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1374645676305.jpg
    1374645676305.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 219

suicideking

No issues, hack it off! :thumb:

Only issue you will have is not having it get stuck or ripped off when wheeling.

phillypete

If you take it off carefully it can be easily replaced, so there is no risk in trying it to see if you like it.

Some people have reported lower fuel mileage or louder wind noise.

I removed mine and noticed no issues, however my gas mileage sucked before removing it and the wind was already loud.

jesse3638

Hooked
It did actually affect my gas mileage but if I was so concerned about MPG's I would have bought a prius...haha

mtnbiker995

Mines been off on my '09 since the first time I was pulled backwards out of the mud! It got ripped off...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKRandall

Thanks again for the reply's on this issue. The main reason I wrote this was, I had read that a couple of people were having issues with the hood fluttering up and down when they took the air dam off, but none of you seem to have these issues which is good.

Sent by JKRandall

rinkishjk

Thanks again for the reply's on this issue. The main reason I wrote this was, I had read that a couple of people were having issues with the hood fluttering up and down when they took the air dam off, but none of you seem to have these issues which is good.

Sent by JKRandall

If u have a hood flutter issue u should get the daystar hood wranglers. They work great for 20$ or so.

Atch

I had hood flutter after I removed my air dam but I can't say for sure that it was the result of removing it. Like he said ^ the daystar hood wranglers are a cheap and easy mod to remedy the flutter if you get it.

Devallee

**Free hood flutter mod**...remove the spring next to the latch. Removed mine about a year ago and haven't had my hood flutter since :thumb: the dead weight of the hood keeps it down. It's free so it's worth a try. Don't like it, put it back on and get the daystars

KPM171

I pulled mine when I pulled my front bumper, and didn't have any issues. But I've since designed & installed a custom air damn out of aluminum that covers that area and bolts up to my ARB Bull Bar.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I removed the air dam from the front of my JK about 3 months ago. I have had no issues whatsoever, no hood flutter (I do a mix of slow on post driving, highway driving and regular driving around the city). I monitor my mileage quite a bit, I have noticed no major difference since removing it, and I think it looks much better without it. I guarantee I would have ripped it off by now anyways! Some before and after pics, for reference.
IMG_0096.jpg
IMG_0326.jpg
IMG_0046.jpg
IMG_0324.jpg
IMG_0327.jpg

13JKUR

I actually just ripped mine off today also. My 37's were rubbing like crazy on it when I would turn the wheels about 3/4 or so. Just do it and don't think twice :)

JKRandall

I removed the air dam from the front of my JK about 3 months ago. I have had no issues whatsoever, no hood flutter (I do a mix of slow on post driving, highway driving and regular driving around the city). I monitor my mileage quite a bit, I have noticed no major difference since removing it, and I think it looks much better without it. I guarantee I would have ripped it off by now anyways! Some before and after pics, for reference.
View attachment 41372
View attachment 41373
View attachment 41374
View attachment 41375
View attachment 41376

No doubt it looks much better with it off. Thanks for the pictures

Sent by my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom