Brake grinding feeling?

tkkim

I already replaced my brake part(don't remember exact name) cause brake
Grinding feeling from pedal when i hairpin turn with brake..

It was gone.. But now it happened again..

Does anyone has same problem?

Devallee

Sounds like ESP..is your jeep lifted at all or sitting on bigger tires? Do you see the ESP light flash or pop up when this happens?

rtguy1

if the rotor is warped you would feel a pulsing sensation in the pedal and usually the steering wheel wobbles when braking at high speeds. i had this issue on my girl's mazda with only 25k on it. turns out it is an issue with those cars. got bad quick and she was fraking out on the freeway. replaced both front rotors and pads and problem solved.

StrizzyChris

Not sure what you replaced, but is it safe to assume you checked all the break pads? Grinding can certainly occur when pads gone and the plate is scrapping the rotor

But agree, if its a grinding/pulsing feeling in the peddle it sounds like ESP

mrmet1983

did u replace your brakes on both sides ? sometimes people only replace pads on one side of the jeep and it causes problems cuz the pads are at different depths also did u replace your rotors at all , if you brake hard i wud bet money u warped ur rotors which is an easy relatively cheap fix

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Are you wheeling much? Maybe your getting something between the rotor and brake pads? :idontknow:

You'd think a good brake shop would tell you what was causing the issue the first time. :thinking:

tk26

Sounds like ESP..is your jeep lifted at all or sitting on bigger tires? Do you see the ESP light flash or pop up when this happens?

My jeep has been doing this recently....grinding sound, brake pedal pumping. What would be the problem? And I'm on 35's

Devallee

My jeep has been doing this recently....grinding sound, brake pedal pumping. What would be the problem? And I'm on 35's

Usually with a lift on the jeep, when making any turns the higher center of gravity from the lift makes the jeeps computer think its gonna roll so it pumps the brakes. I think there's ways to have it re calibrated but I'm not entirely sure. I just permanently disabled mine since the day I lifted it and I know many other people have as well. There's always that annoying little light on the dash but I've gotten used to it. If you wanna disable it I'm sure there's a thread on here somewhere if you just use the search or google it :thumb:

Top Bottom