35's stock

JKBlackie

I've heard that bone stock, you can fit 35's if you do a fender trim. If I do this will I still experience some rubbing with my wheels fully turned? It just seems crazy to me that trimming your fenders could create that much space!

matt1171

Trimming your fenders will help with rubbing when articulating but without a lift you'll still rub. For turning, you will have to run spacers with the factory wheels or you will rub for sure. And that's true no matter how tall your tires. It's all about how wide the tires are.

Without a lift, I wouldn't go bigger than 33s and trimmed fenders.

Discount Tire

I've heard that bone stock, you can fit 35's if you do a fender trim. If I do this will I still experience some rubbing with my wheels fully turned? It just seems crazy to me that trimming your fenders could create that much space!

Matt has the right idea. I'll add that your factory wheels are pretty narrow and they have a high offset too. A good pair of bolt on wheel spacers will run you $100/pair(2) so you may want to just invest that money into a wider set of aftermarket wheels that also has a lower offset (eliminating the need for wheel spacers.)

As for lifts, you can get a basic 2.5" lift for relatively low cost and this would give you more room to run 35's. You'd still need to make some modifications to run a 35" tire with a 2.5" lift but nothing like what you would need to do without the lift and you'd be giving your jeep some needed space to articulate off road.

westtexasjku

Matt has the right idea. I'll add that your factory wheels are pretty narrow and they have a high offset too. A good pair of bolt on wheel spacers will run you $100/pair(2) so you may want to just invest that money into a wider set of aftermarket wheels that also has a lower offset (eliminating the need for wheel spacers.)

As for lifts, you can get a basic 2.5" lift for relatively low cost and this would give you more room to run 35's. You'd still need to make some modifications to run a 35" tire with a 2.5" lift but nothing like what you would need to do without the lift and you'd be giving your jeep some needed space to articulate off road.

Plus none of the Discount Tires I've been to will touch your vehicle if it has spacers on it. It's like it has leprosy. Kind of pisses me off bc I'll buy the thousands and thousands of dollars of tires from them and they're glad to sell them but they won't install them, rotate them, repair them, anything. I've questioned their logic bc they'll install tires on lifted vehicles, but the managers always say no dice. Kind of makes me want to take my business elsewhere... It's too bad bc I know Discounts a great company who is always sponsoring great things like Jk experience etc, I just assumed some of this attitude would trickle down to their store managers. Are store managers not allowed to exercise a little discretion? I realize it's a liability thing, but I mean come on, isn't that what waivers and are for?? Things like this will allow tires sellers like 4 wheel parts to carve out a nice niche in the market. Too bad there's not one near me...
Rant over.

Check out "West Texas Crawlers" on Facebook

StrizzyChris

Plus none of the Discount Tires I've been to will touch your vehicle if it has spacers on it. It's like it has leprosy. Kind of pisses me off bc I'll buy the thousands and thousands of dollars of tires from them and they're glad to sell them but they won't install them, rotate them, repair them, anything. I've questioned their logic bc they'll install tires on lifted vehicles, but the managers always say no dice. Kind of makes me want to take my business elsewhere... It's too bad bc I know Discounts a great company who is always sponsoring great things like Jk experience etc, I just assumed some of this attitude would trickle down to their store managers. Are store managers not allowed to exercise a little discretion? I realize it's a liability thing, but I mean come on, isn't that what waivers and are for?? Things like this will allow tires sellers like 4 wheel parts to carve out a nice niche in the market. Too bad there's not one near me...
Rant over.

Check out "West Texas Crawlers" on Facebook

To be honest, as a medical professional, I can't blame them! A waiver doesn't mean crap if they have a good enough lawyer. I practice defensive medicine and spend more time charting against my patients than taking care of them. When people and lawyers smell cash....they go for it!

To the OP, I am running stock, with a fender trim and I still rub when disco'd and fully articulated. You will only solve this with bumpstop extensions on top of the trim and wheel spacers/less backspace

Discount Tire

Plus none of the Discount Tires I've been to will touch your vehicle if it has spacers on it.

We apologize for your past frustrations. We used to not service vehicles with spacers but this just recently changed. As long as the spacers are bolt-on, hub-centric, and have sufficient thread engagement, we can service the vehicle.

Jeepmed

We apologize for your past frustrations. We used to not service vehicles with spacers but this just recently changed. As long as the spacers are bolt-on, hub-centric, and have sufficient thread engagement, we can service the vehicle.
Very Good.:clap2:

liljohn850

Just run longer bump stops. You'll keep from stuffing the tire into the fender and causing damage. If I could do it over I'd do 2-3 inches of lift, bump stops and done. Of course running 35s on stockers with 1.5 inch spacers. And I'd trim at that lift. I'm at about 4.5 and didn't trim. I think it looks goofy that high and trimmed fenders.

JKBlackie

To be honest, as a medical professional, I can't blame them! A waiver doesn't mean crap if they have a good enough lawyer. I practice defensive medicine and spend more time charting against my patients than taking care of them. When people and lawyers smell cash....they go for it!

To the OP, I am running stock, with a fender trim and I still rub when disco'd and fully articulated. You will only solve this with bumpstop extensions on top of the trim and wheel spacers/less backspace

So you're running 35's with a fender trim? And does I rub with just everyday driving?

StrizzyChris

So you're running 35's with a fender trim? And does I rub with just everyday driving?

Im running all stock suspension with just the fender trim (for now :grayno: )....stock jk wheels with 35x12.50r17 nitto muds. I absolutely had to run 1.5" wheel spacers, but no rubbing at all for on road driving. Disco'd and I'm contacting in all 4 corners. You'll need a tiny bump extension for front and rear to prevent this

10frank9

Web Wheeler
To reiterate what has already said, Strizzy and I ran 35's with stock Rubi suspension and a fender trim. I rubbed the stock front bumper and when stuffed, but I have aftermarket wheels and didn't need spacers. Below you will see the 35's on my stock height Rubi with cut stock fenders, and the way it sits now with the 3" EVO Enforcer lift.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375027720.780248.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375027740.864859.jpg

JKBlackie

Im running all stock suspension with just the fender trim (for now :grayno: )....stock jk wheels with 35x12.50r17 nitto muds. I absolutely had to run 1.5" wheel spacers, but no rubbing at all for on road driving. Disco'd and I'm contacting in all 4 corners. You'll need a tiny bump extension for front and rear to prevent this

Ok thank you so much! That's what I needed to hear. I wanted someone who has ran that before!

JKBlackie

To reiterate what has already said, Strizzy and I ran 35's with stock Rubi suspension and a fender trim. I rubbed the stock front bumper and when stuffed, but I have aftermarket wheels and didn't need spacers. Below you will see the 35's on my stock height Rubi with cut stock fenders, and the way it sits now with the 3" EVO Enforcer lift.
View attachment 41724 View attachment 41725

You're rig looks killer! Thank you so much! What tires do you have? Trail Grapplers?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I live in Kansas, there is normally a good amount of snow. Most of my wheeling is dirt, mud, or snow. Would you recommend Duratracs or Trail Grapplers?

Trail Graps! Very capable, great rubber composition, quiet on the road, aggressive look. All around great tires.

Top Bottom