power door lock fail!

jeeeep

Hooked
both my rear doors no longer work with the power lock - has anyone dealt with and repaired this problem? I'm sure there is something plastic that broke...

Atch

I'd look at the rear connectors to make sure they are connected properly. Do your rear windows work fine?

mrmet1983

Need some more Info and I wud def check ur connectors for the rear doors that controls the windows and the locks and if ur front locks are working I wud think it's a problem with the connection not the actual door locks. The chances of two door locks breaking at the same time is very very small

2013 JKUR 4" Enforcer lift w/ 35" fierce attitude MTs , RR modular front bump w/ warnvr8k

jeeeep

Hooked
the rear windows work - and I can hear the locks trying to engage but they won't lock or unlock the rear doors.

If I put my hand on the door panel I can for lack of better description, I can feel the mechanism moving.

I should clarify only one side was an issue at first and now 3 weeks later the other side failed.

mrmet1983

That's crazy I've Never seen two door locks die that close to each other. If your windows are working and u hear the lock moving then u def have power to the motor. I think it's time to take off that door panel and post some pics of what you find. I assumed what ever is wrong with one door is going to be the same on the other side but ya never know

2013 JKUR 4" Enforcer lift w/ 35" fierce attitude MTs , RR modular front bump w/ warnvr8k

mrmet1983

Can you lock and unlock the rear doors with the key ? That will tell u if ur locks are working at all.

mrmet1983

Actually now that I think about it I don't think the rear doors have key holes for the locks do they ? Not by my jeep or I'd take a look myself

jeeeep

Hooked
no I don't have the child safety set - I don't think I have that on my 2010 but i'll check

it was working fine yesterday and today...bleh nothing

guess i'll pull the door panel off and see if it's something I can repair

Last edited:

Jdreggors

Bump..my front passenger door lock works seldom as well. Window is fine. Key works fine. 1 out of 10 times it moves either to locked or unlocked but mostly not functioning. Took panel off and nothing appeared out of place. If anyone knows fix, please shout.

jkbud

i had one of my rear door locks go out... dealer wanted like $300 to replace 1 door lock:crazyeyes:
after a ton of research i realized i had to buy the mopar part which was about $100 and i thought i'd try to instal it myself... after a few attempts i realized i could not get the inner door paneling off without taking out the glass window... i stopped by a local body shop and one of the workers ended up doing it right there for $50 but it was harder than he thought it was going to be also. if your up for the task, you have to remove the glass surrounds and then the glass in order to remove the inner panel, after that you can get access to the lock. royal pain in the a$$ in my opinion and i'm glad i found someone to do it for $50

jeeeep

Hooked
I pulled the panel off yesterday and yep, looks more complicated than my skill level.
Before I take it to the dealer think I'll call the body shop and see what they'll charge..thanks for the idea!

Top Bottom