Top 5 Tools for Your Garage...

matt08jk

I have not yet started building my jeep but with labor costs being what they are...what are the first/top 5 tools you would buy for your garage at home to work on your JK?

Tackerdown

Banned
Jack stands, floor jack, torque wrench, metric box wrenches, half inch drive socket , wifi so you can put your laptop out there and watch the wayalife how to write ups . Lol

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tackerdown

Banned
Jack stand 6 ton Harbor Freight has cheap ones

Floor jack 3 ton may need some 2x8 to put undr it depending on your lift hight. Got mine at Sears.

Torque wrench get a good one I bought a cheap one and I'm not happy with it.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Harbor has the 4 ton for cheap and it's got a lift height of 22.5 inches.

Torque wrench, impact wrench. Etc. as mentioned above.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

MTG

Caught the Bug
Sharkey*, floor jack, jack stands, socket set, wrench set, torque wrench.

* I dare anyone to argue that sharkey is not a tool. :cheesy:

Skirmish

Beer fridge, sexy auto parts calendar, nice audio system, angle grinder cause sparks are cool and a BFH.

matt08jk

Cool, seems like the same lists (mostly) from everybody. That gives me a good list to start from. Besides, already got the beer fridge knocked out!!:beer:

Great overhaed lighting, drop light and most of all a creeper. Makes getting under the Jeep so much better. Would not recommend taking the wife's good area rug and placing it in the garage :blush: because it is softer than the concrete. Not good :grayno:. The one which replaces it is a lot more expensive than a creeper. One last thing, extension cords which are on spools which you can hang from the ceiling. keeps them from under your feet, tires and creeper.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Lol!! I won't take that challenge MTG.

BTW, learn how to count. He asked for five tools.

I gave the OP a list of 5 tools he can buy...not everyone has access to a Sharkey or can afford your exorbitant rates. ;)

mrmet1983

Jack stands, floor jack, torque wrench, metric box wrenches, half inch drive socket , wifi so you can put your laptop out there and watch the wayalife how to write ups . Lol

Couldn't have said it better might I add a 25$ electric impact gun 1/2" drive from harbor freight will make ur life a lot easier also. Might want to invest in a good electric drill and Dremel also I use those all the time but def start out with some stuff to get ur jeep in the air and some basic hand tools like metro. Wrenches and sockets and some pliers and vice grips too

2013 JKUR 4" Enforcer lift w/ 35" fierce attitude MTs , RR modular front bump w/ warnvr8k

Top Bottom