EVO Transmission Skid - 2011 JKU

pastorwug

Just purchased the EVO Transmission skid for auto tranny and have been looking everywhere (maybe not everywhere) for some suggestions or instructions for install.
I have the EVO Oil pan skid and that went in fairly easy with Eddie's walkthrough - but haven't found anything on just the tranny skid.
I'm not installing the whole PROTEK skid system (maybe that's just for the 2012 and on models) , just the three pieces - oil pan, tranny pan and later the plate between them.

Anyone have some suggestions?

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
The few things I have ordered from EVO have come with decent instructions. ;)

Did you already get the package in the mail? You might call the shop and have them send you some instructions via e-mail if it didn't come with them.:idontknow:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Purchased from Northridge 4X4 - no instructions included.

I'll email EVO and see what they got.

I have heard in the past it's best to call because sometimes their e-mail gets swamped.

You might browse through the build threads and find someone who has installed them and shoot them a PM.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?761-The-Orangegasmic-build&highlight=Protek+Skid+System

Looks like JKRay has installed them. Scroll down on the first page and you can see them. Good luck!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Missed the title, this installs just like the oil pan, remove the factory bolts, install skid pan. Reinstall factory bolts

pastorwug

Thanks Chris, yes it is for the 3.8 and I'll do the same as I did on the oil pan then - remove bolts, install pan, replace bolts.

Torque for Tranny bolts?

pastorwug

Just got to say folks - that is one BEEFY tranny skid - looks like it would stand up to almost anything!

pastorwug

So, I went out early this morning to install the tranny skid plate. Looks easy enough, hopefully as easy as the oil pan skid was to install.
Removed the 8 tranny pan bolts carefully and slowly and tranny oil starts dripping right away.
Ok, better hurry.
But, skid doesn't even begin to fit or come close to the bolt holes!
Jimmy around and now oil is coming out a little faster, still can't get the skid to even come close.
I remove the skid, quickly replace all bolts and torque down slightly, just to stop the flow.
Looking at the skid it seems it has been dropped or is bent on one side .
I'll try to include pictures, maybe it is supposed to be this way, but probably not.

Attachments

• image-843980338.jpg
    image-843980338.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 47
  • image-4011824054.jpg
    image-4011824054.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 47

pastorwug

Ok, great, thanks Chris, wish I had looked at the flanges before I made a mess.
I appreciate your help.
I'll call Evo on Monday for a return. Don't want to go banging around on it and then have to return it anyways.

daltexjeeper

Just installed the 2012 Protek Oil and Tranny Skid. I had a similar issue with my oil pan skid that was purchased from Northridge. I ended up flipping it upside down and taking a BFH to it to flatten the lip out before installing. These items are stout!

@Chris, I haven't installed the crossmember / exhaust skid yet because I think it was supposed to ship with some bolts (for those with the manual transmission like myself). Is this the case? It looks like I will need a bolt for behind the control arm where those with automatic transmissions would have their stock crossbar bolted up to. Does this sound right? If so, I'll give Northridge a shout to see if they can send those bolts my way.

Top Bottom