Rubi or other model

Skorpius

new here but long time jeeper. I have looked for this answer but not found it so sorry if asking something that has been answered before.

Looking to buy a new jeep and build up for trails and daily driver.
If im going to be swaping out axels and transfer case is spending the extra up front on a rubi worth it or could I go with a lower model like a sahara or freedom due to some of the interior electronics I want in it for the daily part with 2 kids.

looking at it my self the rubi benefits are axel, T-case and sway bar.

thanks for any feedback

Since you are going to swap out axles and transfer case the Rubi would be a better choice. Most JKUS guys are looking for Rubi axles which are few and far between. You will have a better chance selling the Rubi Axles and transfer case than a JKUS or Sahara. JMHO.

I am looking forward to when a set of Rubi axles come up for sale in my area.

R/
Will

Skorpius

Since you are going to swap out axles and transfer case the Rubi would be a better choice. Most JKUS guys are looking for Rubi axles which are few and far between. You will have a better chance selling the Rubi Axles and transfer case than a JKUS or Sahara. JMHO.

R/
Will

Had not thought about the parts selling part of it. Thank more to think about 😋

seanb123

R/
Will

That's a good point but at the end of the day I don't think that what you sell will even out with the extra you pay for the rubicon. You seam to wanting to get rid of all the rubicon parts so I'd say save the coin grab the sport

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I would at least go with the Rubi instead of the Sahara. Even better the Sport can save you a bunch of money especially if you are going to switch out axles and transfer case, but you won't have the front and rear 44's. Are you going with the grocery getting, soccer mom 4 dr or the manly 2dr?:)

Webe

Since your changing axles anyways, its a waste to go with the Rubi. You will never get your money back selling the parts to what you paid for them.

StrizzyChris

Buying brand new or used? If new, a sport...forget trying to sell the parts, you'll never get the 7-10k back from a 1k transfer case and 4k axles in the aftermarket (top dollar). If you are buying used, and can get a bargain, Rubi all the way!

Skorpius

I would at least go with the Rubi instead of the Sahara. Even better the Sport can save you a bunch of money especially if you are going to switch out axles and transfer case, but you won't have the front and rear 44's. Are you going with the grocery getting, soccer mom 4 dr or the manly 2dr?:)

planning on a 4dr as it will be daily driver and im the school bus for my 2 kids. I looked at a sport but hard to find ones with the options im wanting so that's why was looking at freedom or sahara if I don't go with a rubi just trying to find the most affordable way to go about this investment. I have talked to people who say a rubi is better to start with as you can do more before having to upgrade.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
planning on a 4dr as it will be daily driver and im the school bus for my 2 kids. I looked at a sport but hard to find ones with the options im wanting so that's why was looking at freedom or sahara if I don't go with a rubi just trying to find the most affordable way to go about this investment. I have talked to people who say a rubi is better to start with as you can do more before having to upgrade.

FYI

A buddy of mine was thinking about a Sahara JKU and priced a Rubi JKU out as well. He said it was a $2000 difference with options he wanted. He went with the Rubi. I would definitely compare. You never know. BTW, I got a manly 2 dr.:)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

R/
Will

So buy a rubi that is $10,000 more then a sport to sell the take offs for $5,000? I'm not a mathematician but that doesn't sound smart.

So buy a rubi that is $10,000 more then a sport to sell the take offs for $5,000? I'm not a mathematician but that doesn't sound smart.

I too am not a mathematician but one thing does make sense, if Skorpius is going to add options which drives the price of a sport near the cost of a Rubi that just doesn't make sense either. Again this is just my humble opinion.

R/
Will

Top Bottom