death wobble fix

darksider1

has anybody tried fixing their death wobble by replacing the track bar stabilizer with aftermarket and if so did it work? namebrand?

Last edited:

munstie

I would try and find your root cause of the death wobble, the stabilizer is really just to help with bumpsteer.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

munstie

Ball joints, tie rod ends, castor I would definitely check these as well as the trackbar mounts bolt holes to make sure there not wallowed out as well as the tourqe on the track bar bolts.

darksider1

Thinking of just taking It in to the dealership I'm pretty sure they'll figure it out it's still under warranty so don't want to mess with it too much thanks for the tips though

One of my Sailors had a deth wobble on his TJ and he found his front track bar loose. Retorqued it and the death wobble went away. I would start by torquing everything you can and go from there. Short of taking it to a stealership you will have to go piece by piece. I would recommend doing piece by piece so you know what actually fixed it.

JMHO

R/
Will

munstie

Well best of luck to you, there are some really good write ups within the forum on checking and replacing above said parts if the dealership gives you the run around.:thumbup:

darksider1

Stealership lol good one I had checked to make sure everything was tightened didn't find anything loose. It's at the dealership now they are aware of the death wobble its getting fixed new stabilizing bar and new shocks 100 $ deductible not to shabby I have the extended care warranty the only downside is I'm stuck driving a 300 Chrysler rental sucks

Tranquillity

Stealership lol good one I had checked to make sure everything was tightened didn't find anything loose. It's at the dealership now they are aware of the death wobble its getting fixed new stabilizing bar and new shocks 100 $ deductible not to shabby I have the extended care warranty the only downside is I'm stuck driving a 300 Chrysler rental sucks

Here's a shot of my mild DW. [video]http://s1255.photobucket.com/user/gossedeglace/media/IMG_2758_zps511435fa.mp4.html[/video]

When the dealer took it in, I asked to be there since I wanted to check up on the guy doing the repair. Call me paranoid but I heard a lot of horror stories that they were just replacing the stabilizer claiming that it was the problem. The mech did a great job, spotted the track bar bushing which was the culprit and replaced my damper as well since my few episodes of wobble did some damage to it.

darksider1

The dealership corrected the problem they replaced the steering damper few bolts and feels good as new thanks everyone for the help

Top Bottom