Gussets

JKRandall

Just to be upfront, l am pretty new to the Jeep world and finally bought one a ripe age of 53. I have done a lot to my Jeep in the last 7 months and to the point to where l need some guidance. l have a 2.5 lift with 35's and from what l have read from this forum i need to invest in some Gussets. What manufacturer online would you'll suggest i get them from? I appreciate any help you can give me. View attachment 41399

Hightower

Just to be upfront, l am pretty new to the Jeep world and finally bought one a ripe age of 53. I have done a lot to my Jeep in the last 7 months and to the point to where l need some guidance. l have a 2.5 lift with 35's and from what l have read from this forum i need to invest in some Gussets. What manufacturer online would you'll suggest i get them from? I appreciate any help you can give me. View attachment 41399

Off Road Evolution I ran their gussets on my 44 and had 0 problems

JKRandall

Thanks again for the advice, i am ordering Gussets from Off Road Evolution today. Just wondering since it may take 10 or so days to get here, am i still fine driving around my Jeep til i get these installed without any worries?

Thanks again for the advice, i am ordering Gussets from Off Road Evolution today. Just wondering since it may take 10 or so days to get here, am i still fine driving around my Jeep til i get these installed without any worries?

I am no expert but as long as you are not hitting it hard on the trail or actively seeking out pot holes, parking place bump stops, or Prius' you shold be fine.

R/
Will

mrmet1983

Support Evo they are the ones who designed this product and now every company makes them

2013 JKUR 4" Enforcer lift w/ 35" fierce attitude MTs , RR modular front bump w/ warnvr8k

Mallard8767

IMO... gussets are important insurance but not an immediate must have unless you hit things hard. I've got the same set up on my 13 jkur and have wheeled on trails and in the sand with no issues. Get the gussets installed just like I plan to, but don't feel like you can't have fun until then.

1374866831626.jpg
Its no JKX.... but I'm learning too :D
1374866890670.jpg

Edit: just to clarify... I will be getting the evo gussets as soon as I find a shop I like to install em...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I personally like the ones that are thicker and weld on the back-side VS the ones that wrap around the "c" and weld to the sides. Rock Krawler and Teraflex are made this way. The EVO ones I'm sure are good and I know many running them. But I live in the rust belt and didn't like that there are unfinished parts that I can't get to and finish with that style. The RK or TF ones allow for painting every surface once done.

This
0908327b.jpg

VS this
main.php

Edit for better pic of EVO

Webe

Not as pretty but I just got a piece of scrap channel iron. Heated it up. Hammered it on then welded it. Cost me nothing but time.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
IMO... gussets are important insurance but not an immediate must have unless you hit things hard. I've got the same set up on my 13 jkur and have wheeled on trails and in the sand with no issues. Get the gussets installed just like I plan to, but don't feel like you can't have fun until then.

I disagree. If you wheel your jeep with larger tires and no gussets it will bend. Mine did and I only ran without gussets for 4 months and 8,000 miles.

Mallard8767

I disagree. If you wheel your jeep with larger tires and no gussets it will bend. Mine did and I only ran without gussets for 4 months and 8,000 miles.

What size tires were u running? How can you tell your C's bent? What did you do to resolve the issue?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKRandall

Also while I am at it and things are apart, I am going to add EVO 44 magnum sleeves to it as added insurance.

Sent by JKRandall

MTG

Caught the Bug
Also while I am at it and things are apart, I am going to add EVO 44 magnum sleeves to it as added insurance.

Sent by JKRandall

I know some people swear by them, but they are far from necessary. Also you should know that you will not be able to run am ARB locker with those sleeves.

JKRandall

I thought about it and that may be my deciding factor why I won't put the sleeves on

Sent by my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Sent by JKRandall

Sleeves will not prevent your axle from bending where the tubes go into the diff housing. Just ask Moochie.

Top Bottom