king Air Bump question

kimer82

ok guys, I've been getting all my king coilovers / air bump / in mail and was trying to find a discription on how to install air bump...

I am running 2.5 14" king coilovers and the collapsed length is said to be at 23.25"

so the question is...

Where do i Position the air bumps to coilovers?? What length does it needs to be set?

I have been heared compressed air bump should meet at collapsed lenth of coilovers... or air bumps needs to be bit shorter so the airbumps do not fully compress for damage...

tried to find the thread about this but couldnt find it anywhere. help would be awesome!

ok guys, I've been getting all my king coilovers / air bump / in mail and was trying to find a discription on how to install air bump...

I am running 2.5 14" king coilovers and the collapsed length is said to be at 23.25"

so the question is...

Where do i Position the air bumps to coilovers?? What length does it needs to be set?

I have been heared compressed air bump should meet at collapsed lenth of coilovers... or air bumps needs to be bit shorter so the airbumps do not fully compress for damage...

tried to find the thread about this but couldnt find it anywhere. help would be awesome!

I am by no means am I an expert so I spoke the the google mechanic and this is what I found. Hope this helps. Maybe there will be someone who is more knowledgible than I will speak up.

Here is the link: http://www.genright.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=JKKAB

R/
Will

rtguy1

there is no exact answer to your question. This all depends on the rest of your setup. Once u have the coilovers installed and all parts on your axle including trackbar and steering linkage, you need to remove the coils from the shock bodies and cycle the suspension. This will tell you where to position the bump stops. They should fully compress before the coilover fully compresses so you are not bottoming out the shock.:thumb:

kimer82

thank you guys for the msg.
installed front coilovers and anti rocks will be going in.

just needed to double check on measurement with airbump since i wanna do it right first time than do it again later.

will post up pics once im done

Top Bottom