Jeep Jamboree's

zeddjb

Sorry if this sounds like a rant. It's not supposed to. :synister:

So I was looking for some Jeep trips in my area and found that there is a Jeep Jamboree just a few hours north from where I live in Wisconsin. I did a small bit of reading on the site and the trip, when I came across the cost; $275.00 per adult...Wow :eek:

I guess I don't understand why it's so much money to ride on trails that are open to the public all year round.

I did find this little snippet in the FAQ:

[h=2]What Does the Jamboree Cover?
[/h]Your fee covers all necessary permits, land-use fees, experienced guides for the entire trip, three meals on both Friday and Saturday (“Select” adventurers include evening meals only). NOTE: Meals vary. Regretfully, no accommodations can be made for special diets or dietary restrictions. Also included is an official Jeep Jamboree dash plaque and access to some of the finest trails in America – several of which are only available through this program. Each Jamboree also features a giveaway for chances to win great prizes.

I guess what I'm really asking is, does that price really justify the above? I guess that's more of a personal question and I personally don't think it does. Don't get me wrong, I'm not bad mouthing the Jamboree or anyone that attends, I'm only saying that the trails they use are public state property and don't require me to pay to drive on them other than a state park sticker which is $25.00; I can buy my own lunch for my wife and I for less than $35.00 a meal with left overs probably and I don't need an 'experienced guide' as I'm pretty experienced on the back roads of northern Wisconsin.

What the Jamboree sounds like to me is for novice drivers that almost never take their vehicle of choice off road and what to experience it in a semi-controlled environment. A perfect example is large city dwellers coming up north to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life once or twice a year.

I mean no disrespect to anyone who attends a Jamboree or the Jamboree itself, this is just my outside observation and opinions and I'm just trying to gain a little more insight on this subject.

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
I was going to register for the one in Ouray, CO but the cost just doesn't make sense to me. Heck, I can feed the whole family and then still hit the same trails. Looks like someone is making some extra money. I know event insurance, permits, catering, etc cost but come on. I've hosted a few events in my time and for the amount of people going.... well it is just a little steep. IMHO.

2012jkfng702

Yeah, this is kinda the reason I started my own club in Las Vegas. We don't really get any Jamborees this way and I just wanted to get people to go wheeling with. I'm sure the Jamborees are fun and I would love to check one out sometime but I've attended a Project JK run in California and that is more my speed. Eddie and the Crew go all out and guaranteed to have a good time. Biggest thing I think if you pull a group of Jeepers together is that they respect the land to keep the trails open which I'm sure is what the Jamborees do.

Top Bottom