Hot oil warning?

tkkim

My jeep just show hot oil warning for 4 second and it's gone..

What's wrong with it?

Do i have to check?

Paisano

My jeep just show hot oil warning for 4 second and it's gone..

What's wrong with it?

Do i have to check?

Maybe nothing? Maybe something? If it were me I'd give things a check. 👀

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Maybe nothing? Maybe something? If it were me I'd give things a check. 

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Definately have it checked out. Better to find out there is nothing wrong than to find out there are bigger issues later.

tkkim

get it checked! it could be the overfill of the oil, but i would have it looked at just in case!

andrew -

O.. I didn't check when i refuel engine oil. I just put 6 gallon..

I didn't know over oil can make problem..

Ok thanks i just check and will change oil with right amount...

Moochie

yes, i thought that too... but it shouldnt light up while just regular driving. thought maybe too much oil might make it chime....

andrew -

Usually happens when you are climbing a steep grade and the transmission heats up. You could possibly have burnt your fluid. A fluid change would be a good idea. Just make sure they don't remove your fluid by sucking it out your filler tube. You can read about the hot oil light in your manual. When transmission fluid gets to hot it can boil out of your filler tube. This has been linked to engine fires.

Usually happens when you are climbing a steep grade and the transmission heats up. You could possibly have burnt your fluid. A fluid change would be a good idea. Just make sure they don't remove your fluid by sucking it out your filler tube. You can read about the hot oil light in your manual. When transmission fluid gets to hot it can boil out of your filler tube. This has been linked to engine fires.

thanks for the info Mooch! always learning things!!!

andrew -

Moochie

On my Jeep (2008) there used to be just a chime that you would hear. I don't even think it was referenced in the manual. Chrysler put out a safety recall to have all 2007 / 2008 JK's have their computers flashed to include the "hot oil warning" message with the chime. This message is included in all latter years. This will also show up on a scan that is done by the dealership. It shows up on the Jeeps record.
As I recall, when you get the warning, you are supposed to safely pull over and put the transmission in neutral while idling, until the light and chimes go off. Transmission fluid has cooled down.

jeeeep

Hooked
check your fluid level before you change it or take it to the dealer (if it's still under warranty) - if the fluid is low it may mean you have a small leak and not enough fluid in the pan will get hotter faster.
Check all your lines for signs of leakage, check the pan for cracks etc.... do some pre-checking before you just change the fluid

Top Bottom