Evils' New Idea (A Slow Motion Build Thread)

Evilidea

flexing1.jpg

Brand new 2012 MW3 mostly stock.

It came with AEV bumpers a Warn 9.5 CTI, 305/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers, and a Tera Flex budget short arm lift. I plan on C gussets for first mod. :doh: After X-mas :doh:

Evilidea

IMG_0107.jpg

Didn't have it but 24hrs and was in a local parade of about 40 Jeeps. :standing wave:

Anyone really want to see the pics I took of all the Jeeps?

Evilidea

Whiskey1.jpg

!st Date, took her up to about 10k ft and I think I'm in love.:biggrinbounce::biggrinbounce::biggrinbounce:

Evilidea

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376263087.867664.jpg

1 st break watch out for salt lake roads lol seems the bumpy roads rattled the top nut loose and allowed my shock to pop out from its mount
Needless to say ill be re torqueing everything
A truly sad 1st break lol

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE probably from 11k ft

Evilidea

So i was politely informed that Wy has a 2 plate law. I do not want to cover my flair head. Should I just self tap into the bumper? Any creative ideas with pics would be great. It is the AEV premium bumper with warn 9.5 cti winch.

jhires

So i was politely informed that Wy has a 2 plate law. I do not want to cover my flair head. Should I just self tap into the bumper? Any creative ideas with pics would be great. It is the AEV premium bumper with warn 9.5 cti winch.

I've not researched them, but I've seen rigs that used a slip on clamp to attach the license plate to the fairlead rollers. They'd just pop the license plate off when hitting the trail.

edit: I guess I should have looked at the pics first, then I would have seen you don't have rollers :p

Last edited:

Aeraun

Nice looking Jeep. I've always liked Call of Duty editions. As for the plate, your bumper really looks good without it. Thought about just leaving it in the windshield? If that'll pass with the cops

Evilidea

sadly it wont pass the cops and I really dont want to cover the flair head or change how it currently looks. I'm scouring the web with no luck finding anything I like. Wife has it atm guess I will go out when she gets back and tinker but I really cant come up with anything so far.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
View attachment 41553

Didn't have it but 24hrs and was in a local parade of about 40 Jeeps. :standing wave:

Anyone really want to see the pics I took of all the Jeeps?

sadly it wont pass the cops and I really dont want to cover the flair head or change how it currently looks. I'm scouring the web with no luck finding anything I like. Wife has it atm guess I will go out when she gets back and tinker but I really cant come up with anything so far.

i think (from the pic) that there is enough room inbetween the fairlead mount and the lef or right side of the frame rails (see below) you might be able to unscrew one side of the fairlead, slide your plate behind there, mark the hole, drill the hole, then screw it all back on.

Attachments

• IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 219

Evilidea

This is what I'm thinking as well. When wife brings jeep home I get to tinker:rock: Stupid laws with high fines and yet our streets are still worse than most 2 tracks.

Was also thinking of seeing if I can mount above flairhead and use plate to keep debris out of winch line spool.

Evilidea

As the title suggested this is a slo-mo build
first mod:

waya.jpg

Thanks guys for comming through with the bright green. Have I mentioned I am willing to pay way extra for bright green side decals of the new shirt from JKX?

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
My family lives in Riverton Wyo. Love Wyoming in general. Lots of public land to do whatever you wish lol their parks are gorgeous too

Evilidea

My family lives in Riverton Wyo. Love Wyoming in general. Lots of public land to do whatever you wish lol their parks are gorgeous too

Lol, the wife and friends go to riverton to gamble. I have yet to go with as I waste money on stickers and such not gambling lol.

Evilidea

I found him BTW!!! (Notice the plate)

yeti.jpg

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::rock::rock::rock: He is no longer lost Kenny

Last edited:

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Hahaha nice! Yeah my Yeti is in the hot west Texas climate so I'm sticking with 'Lost Yeti' hahahahahahaha

Yeah my bro gambles there quite a bit when he's not in laramie (college). The rat bastard was damn near the smartest kid in Wyo when he graduated in 2012 so now he's there free of charge. I envy him. My dad is the Executive Director of some Wyoming senior citizens company thing. Never remember the name of it but anyway, their main headquarters is in Riverton. My step mom has a Dune (yuck) '12 JKU. They never wheel it though :( They wheel their RZR though.

Top Bottom