tire choices

Bearjew1

i am currently running 37/13.5/17's toyo m/t's and was trying to decide whether to stick with them or try a set a nitto's next.which does everyone thing would be better.i do more road driving than trail riding :( i also don't mind the highway hummm of a good set of tires i mean after all who doesn't look when they hear that tire hum :rock:but i want i set of tires that are very dependable when i do play off road.when off road i like to do it all mud,rocks.trails so must be versitile

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
I really like my Nitto TGs. I ran toyo MT on my F250 and loved them. I will say the Trail Grapplers are the quietest tire I've ran so far.

GCM 2

Over the years I have run Goodyears, ProComps, Kelly, Maxxis, Interco Super Swampers, BFG's, Cooper and a few more that aren't even available in the USA. I always end going back to Toyos and Nittos for my trail rigs and tow rigs. Both of the companies are owned by the same parent company, and this has a lot to do with why they share some familiar traits that make them so reliable. Nittos and Toyos are usually not the cheapest, but I will pay for what I have found to be the best. After the last year of running the Mud Grapplers it's going to be really hard to get me to switch from Nittos to another brand. Absolutely flawless performance from the tire, and I can't wait to try the Nitto K spec Trail Grappler.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Can't speak for the Toyos personally, although I've heard great things, I run the Nitto Trail Grapplers and they have been great.

I have had both the toyos and have the nittos now. I like the nittos better they are quiet on road and are great offroad

Bearjew1

so far seems as though nittos may be the next choice so far.and they even run about the same in price :thinking:

dgriz

How do the Nitto TGs do on wet pavement and snow/ice verses an A/T? I'm running 33" Falken Wildpeaks currently and I'm happy with their all-around performance, even on the rocks. When I get my 35s in a few months, I've really been leaning towards the Nittos, but hate to sacrifice my rain/snow/ice traction. Thoughts?

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
Wet pavement no problem, as far as snow or ice ill let you know in a month or 2.

MTG

Caught the Bug
How do the Nitto TGs do on wet pavement and snow/ice verses an A/T? I'm running 33" Falken Wildpeaks currently and I'm happy with their all-around performance, even on the rocks. When I get my 35s in a few months, I've really been leaning towards the Nittos, but hate to sacrifice my rain/snow/ice traction. Thoughts?

I run Duratracs before my Nittos. I bought the Duratracs b/c many argue they are one of the best tires out there for the snow. I ran my Nittos this winter and they did great. I couldn't really tell much difference honestly. They worked great in the rain. We had quite a bit of it during the 2012 JKX.

jmm176

I'm currently running kumho m/t's 315/70-17 which were very affordable. The reason I chose them is they were more aggressive than A/T's and the wife is doing 110 miles a day most would think not much but these Sierra Nevada roads eat tires quick, got 7000 miles out of my last set of good years on my f350 work truck. 1375584583865.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom