Dana 30 question

noroad

I want to get a year or close to it out of my dana 30 without dumping to much into it well running 37s, I was thinking just C gussets, but then people in my jeep club are telling me to put a truss on it as well due to them bending. Is this true I only wheel about once a month andI am skinny one the gas. Due people have truss or is it a waste of the 100 bucks?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! I just love the kind of really bad advice people dole out these days. Truth be told, you are more likely TO BEND your front axle by installing a truss than without and really, a bent axle housing is the least of your concerns. Even bent, you can still drive your Jeep whereas if you break an axle shaft, you could be on the trail for a while. Do yourself a favor and not throw anymore money into your Dana 30 than you need to. Even if you built up the housing, your weakest link will still be the shafts and ring & pinion.

Play with your Jeep and play hard if you want but save up for a Dynatrac ProRock 44 in the mean time. If and when you need to upgrade, you'll be glad that you save up your money for a real upgrade rather than wasting it on a Dana 30.

noroad

LOL!! I just love the kind of really bad advice people dole out these days. Truth be told, you are more likely TO BEND your front axle by installing a truss than without and really, a bent axle housing is the least of your concerns. Even bent, you can still drive your Jeep whereas if you break an axle shaft, you could be on the trail for a while. Do yourself a favor and not throw anymore money into your Dana 30 than you need to. Even if you built up the housing, your weakest link will still be the shafts and ring & pinion.

Play with your Jeep and play hard if you want but save up for a Dynatrac ProRock 44 in the mean time. If and when you need to upgrade, you'll be glad that you save up your money for a real upgrade rather than wasting it on a Dana 30.

Thanks for clearing that up, that is what I was thinking just throwing more money away. do you think that the C gussets are worth the 60 bucks, or just run it into the ground?

JLE21

im on the same boat with u on that one,. I'd say go the sleeve route instead of the truss with the c-gussets .. I just sleeved my d30 and will be installing the c gussets this week, but thats all I would put into a d30

RockyJk

Thanks for clearing that up, that is what I was thinking just throwing more money away. do you think that the C gussets are worth the 60 bucks, or just run it into the ground?

They are very worth it if ur C's bend you'll start getting camber wear on your tires

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Yeah, the gussets don't cost much and are worth it if you plan on keeping you Dana 30 for a while. They'll bend before anything. If you think you'd get a pr44 within the year, I may not even waste any money on them.

Rottenbelly

I only put gussets and control arm skids on mine while I saved up for a 44.
Ran it for about a year with 37's and one of the few sets of 5:38's that Richmond gear made for them. Was careful while wheeling and didn't tear anything up.
Was worth saving for the 44.

Top Bottom