Wave from Cardiff-By-the-Sea, CA (SoCal)

GoPro

Whats up ya'll?

Just bought a Black/Black 2013 JK Rubi! Zero interior options, soft top, 6 speed. Stoked to be back in the world of Jeep. This is my 6th Jeep, 3rd Wrangler, 2nd Rubi. 3rd modded/lifted Jeep. Ive dabbled but never really committed to making a full on rig so that is my goal with this truck.

Stock 94 Wrangler, Sahara
Stock 99 Cherokee
Modded 2008 Rubicon, Red, 2door
Modded 1996 Cherokee (Rusty) - what a headache that truck was!
2004 Grand Cherokee - The moving west mobile!
2013 Rubicon - Current.

About Me: My name is Jim, I am originally from the Chicagoland area, I have lived in Miami, FL, Denver and Aspen, CO, San Francisco and now SoCal....I work for GoPro in Sports Marketing and it is busy and fun.

I walk to work here in Cardiff, so its a really really nice weekend adventure rig that I am fortunate to have!

So far I got OME Springs, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, JKS front and rear track bars, 35in BFG KM2's. Hi-Lift on the hood and the Smittybilt oversized tire carrier on the back. The truck as about 150 miles on it so far and I think this is an excellent jumping off point. Planning bumpers and winch and some more undercarriage goodies, arb on air, and some internal electronics. But for now I am going to enjoy it in Big Bear this weekend! I talked to Eddie about a couple trails out there already.

So I hope to meet you guys and girls on the trail at a get together, coffee and cars or pub and grub...

Cheers!

Last edited:

SDG

Caught the Bug
Welcome to wayalife! I live in cardiff as well, so I will keep an eye out for ya!

Welcome to the WAYALIFE Jim. GoPro Uh, :thinking: look forward to seeing some great video's of your adventures.

R/
Will

KPM171

Welcome to WAL! If you work for GoPro in marketing I hope you get to write off mods and trips as company expenses! :D

GoPro

A couple pics

Went to Big Bear for a bachelor party this last weekend and ran HorseThief Flats (3N03A) from The Cactus Flat side and back. It was fun, rocky and off camber.

I was also slightly confused by a trail sign half way out that was labeled Dead End. I can't find anything on it, anyone know it?

Attachments

• DSC_3591.jpg
    DSC_3591.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_3594.jpg
    DSC_3594.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_3587.jpg
    DSC_3587.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC_3597.jpg
    DSC_3597.jpg