In Search of Freedom 2012 - Chapter 2 - Moab EJS - Seven Mile Rim / Thompson Canyon

Did you like the video?

• Awesome! This video rocks!

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Nice job. Enjoyed it.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • It's ok. Nice way to pass the time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Uh ... somewhat entertaining. Could be better though.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Dude! ... What the heck were you thinking?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mechengineer2

The 2nd chapter in a multi-part series highlighting Moab Easter Jeep Safari 2012. In this chapter we meet up with Project JK and Off Road Evolution for a day of fun on the Seven Mile Rim Trail. Then we venture away from town to the more remote trails of Onion Creek, Thompson Canyon, and Polar Mesa. At the top of the mesa, we tour old uranium mining ruins and take in the spectacular views of the La Sal mountains and the surrounding canyons.

Made the switch from YouTube to Vimeo. Amazed at the difference!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Fantastic job! :thumb:

I loved seeing my jk on the video.

I was also standing right next to your wife when she was filming. I remember her being disappointed that you didn't get any "hang time" in the crack.

DSC_0598.jpg

Mechengineer2

Fantastic job! :thumb:

I loved seeing my jk on the video.

I was also standing right next to your wife when she was filming. I remember her being disappointed that you didn't get any "hang time" in the crack.

Awesome video and Mike yours did look small with 35's :cheesy:

Thanks for the comments guys. MTG, thanks for posting the pic. I was surprised that I didn't lift a tire in the crack. One of the fun parts of having an el cheapo suspension with a fraction of the flex of coilovers is doing the wheelies...

wheeler024.jpg

Will be working on Part 3 soon covering the Steel Bender and Lockhart Basin trails. Rewatching Part 2, I'm seeing a number of things that I should have done differently in terms of the editing. Honestly, kind of embarrased with the way Part 2 turned out. I'm learning that I need to do 1 round of editing, then let things sit for a while and come back to it after a week or so with a fresh mind and then do a 2nd round of editing. There are sections of Part 2 that I actually caught myself yawning ... rather boring actually. Gonna try to limit the amount of Go Pro cam footage in Part 3 ... but on Lockhart Basin the dash cam views really convey the scenery in Canyonlands. Lockhart Basin is such a beautiful trail. Highly recommend this trail to anybody considering it.

GCM 2

Very cool!

I cannot believe I missed this when you originally posted it, I am such a mullet! I still really dig that 2 door of yours too, great action shots. Hope we all get a chance to wheel together again my friend.

DanMojo82

I wasn't bored at all. Granted I'm always a sucker for some good scenery. And the driving footage helps me see some of the trail that you don't normally see on videos. Granted, a little more crawling footage won't kill me. ;)

But good job and nice videos. Can't wait to see part 3. :clap2:

Mechengineer2

I cannot believe I missed this when you originally posted it, I am such a mullet! I still really dig that 2 door of yours too, great action shots. Hope we all get a chance to wheel together again my friend.

Greg, thank you sir for the kind words. Hope you were able to get your JK all fixed up after Highway to Hell. That looked like a truly awesome run. I think you and I both share the same clean Jeep sickness. I remember Doug inspecting my Jeep for scratches at the start of EJS ... kind of funny.

I wasn't bored at all. Granted I'm always a sucker for some good scenery. And the driving footage helps me see some of the trail that you don't normally see on videos. Granted, a little more crawling footage won't kill me. ;)

But good job and nice videos. Can't wait to see part 3. :clap2:

Thanks for the comments! The scenery is really what pulled me into wheeling ... and my desire to get the really good photos. Probably where a lot of people start. Then I started running trails with named obstacles and began to get that same feeling you get on roller coasters.

Will have some more crawling footage for you in Part 3. :thumb: I'll actually be back in Moab for the long Memorial Day weekend + a couple vacation days on the tail end exploring the Maze district of Canyonlands and shooting Part 4.

GCM 2

Hope you were able to get your JK all fixed up after Highway to Hell.....

Well, the damage isn't too bad :icon_crazy: The hood probably saw the worst of the damage, the rest will get covered up with body armor at some point. The truth is I was so pissed my EVO hood sticker got boogered up! I'm proud of that thing :rock:

Top Bottom