Bed Lined Wheels

Firewrangler

Any recommendations on what brand bed liner to use? Want to take my stock wheels and black them out. That way I can sell the after markets and do some more mods!

FrankenJeeper

A buddy of mine used Plasti Dip in a spray can to paint his stock TJ wheels, they came out real well. Ill see if I can come up with a pic

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Blknblujeep

I also used the plastic dip spray came out amazing!! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375217991.494604.jpg
The discoloration is from mud. Easy to wash off... But a dirty jeep is a happy jeep!!

matt08jk

I used Rustoleum Bedliner with Rustoleum etching primer first and it is working out great.
A couple notes about it:
1) make sure you thoroughly clean and degrease with thinner or something
2) sand to take off the stock shine (I used a wire brush and then 400 sandpaper)
3) index cards between the tire and wheel worked great for keeping the paint contained
4) 3-4 light coats or primer, two hours wait, then 3-4 light coats of the Bedliner and it was done

The Rustoleum doesn't have big chunks in it but leaves a sandpaper like finish. Here's a pic:
image.jpg

Firewrangler

Thanks Matt. I got some good degreaser and some 320 grit paper. Luckily the tires are not on the wheels. I'm running aftermarket wheels right now. Plan on spraying them soon. Got a buddy that is an automotive painter. He's supposed to help me spray them. I not ill tackle it myself. Plan on doing the grill also.

TowMator

I used Rustoleum Bedliner with Rustoleum etching primer first and it is working out great.
A couple notes about it:
1) make sure you thoroughly clean and degrease with thinner or something
2) sand to take off the stock shine (I used a wire brush and then 400 sandpaper)
3) index cards between the tire and wheel worked great for keeping the paint contained
4) 3-4 light coats or primer, two hours wait, then 3-4 light coats of the Bedliner and it was done

The Rustoleum doesn't have big chunks in it but leaves a sandpaper like finish. Here's a pic:
View attachment 42201

x2 best stuff, and great directions:beer:

Firewrangler

Looks good, but the local place here wants $400. I'd rather save that $$ for my front bumper. It's the rattle cans for me!

I used rustoleum bedliner I just sanded and washed really good then wiped dry. Then I did 2 really light coats then 3 more coats and I have a bunch of rock rash no peeling just look great

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130818_214340.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130818_214340.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 206
  • ForumRunner_20130818_214353.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130818_214353.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 205
  • ForumRunner_20130818_214425.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130818_214425.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 202
  • ForumRunner_20130725_224020.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130725_224020.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 204
With 2 cans you can do all 5 wheels and grill! Lol I used 1 and 1/4 on my wheels and had enough left over for my steering wheel logo, touch ups, and doorless mirrors

Firewrangler

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377793673.969570.jpg
Well, now that I've sprayed them and put them on my Jeep....what do you use? And how well do the bed lined wheels clean up?

BlackKnight

With 2 cans you can do all 5 wheels and grill! Lol I used 1 and 1/4 on my wheels and had enough left over for my steering wheel logo, touch ups, and doorless mirrors

LOL, Wish I knew that before last night.. Just went out to Lowes and bought a box of 6. Plan on doing the rims (5) and the grill within the next couple weeks, with left overs for the inside of the hard top next spring after I add the insulation panels I'm making (1" panels of the pink rigid fome insulation and a bunch of fabric (either Comando/Olive Drab like the jeep primary color, or Black) for covers.

Will that stuff work on my rollcage? I used some textured junk and it just wore right off of the grab bars, looks like crap now.:banghead:

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom