Synthetic Winch Line

Steel Rain

I am thinking about changing the rope on my Warn 9.5ti to synthetic. I have looked and have narrowed it down to Viking, Master Pull or Spydura. Does anyone have any feed back for me on any of the 3 that I have listed. My winch came stock with 125' of 5/16" wire rope. I am thinking about changing to 100' of 3/8" synthetic rope. Also would you get it with a hook or a safety thimble?

mrmet1983

I'm in the and boat as you I want to get a synthetic rope for my warm vr8000

2013 JKUR 4" Enforcer lift w/ 35" fierce attitude MTs , RR modular front bump w/ warnvr8k

Skirmish

There are only a couple companies that make the fiber rope itself and all the winch line companies buy from them. I bought my winch with a Viking line on it but I replaced the hook with a safety thimble and love it. I prefer the Viking thimble to the Factor because you can fit a shackle end through it to use the flat side for your flat strap. The line is less important which company as they are pretty much the same.

Viking uses Amsteel Blue and there was a thread about them not having cash on hand and delaying orders. Personally I would buy it straight from Amsteel by the foot as it is cheaper and the splice is easy to do.

Top Bottom