The Damage Report!

GCM 2

If you wheel you rig hard, it's going to eventually happen.....DAMAGE :icon_crazy: Sometimes it's in the form of a broken part of the drivetrain or maybe some sheet metal sees a little rock rash. Share your photos from the "great motivation, poor judgement" moments in your life :doh:

I will humble myself first; From last weekends Florence Junction/Superior, AZ trail run. Trail- Highway 2 Hell, should have followed the pack and not ventured into the uncharted rocks! The rocks were about as tall as my 81" roofline height JK. Thanks for capturing it on film Wayalife and Bleedbeat!

Attachments

• image-991612023.jpg
    image-991612023.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 578
  • image-964048422.jpg
    image-964048422.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 572
  • image-2254432192.jpg
    image-2254432192.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 483
  • image-1719405465.jpg
    image-1719405465.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 479
  • image-1121760512.jpg
    image-1121760512.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 481
  • image-886606518.jpg
    image-886606518.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 479
  • image-502229513.jpg
    image-502229513.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 474
  • image-2187848031.jpg
    image-2187848031.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 488
  • image-1816322994.jpg
    image-1816322994.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 484
Last edited:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Ouch! Hit 3 different panels at one!

You can see my trail damage on the bottom of the B pillar in this pic. Got it running some Red trails at Rausch Creek on 35s, in a group that was on 37s and 40s. I kept up, but at the expense of my B pillar. Evo skins now cover it up.

IMG_0187.jpg

This is what did it.

IMG_0129.jpg

I avoided that section of H2H, but I did slide off some other rocks, and the drivers rear corner hit the pointy edge of a rock on two spots and dented the tub a small bit. Luckily I was able to use the high lift to pull the jeep away from the rocks before moving forward, preventing some bad rash. H2H is the most intimidating trail Ive ever SEEN let alone actually ran. Won't be back on there till I have more armor, 40s, and a rear 60 at the least.

Last edited:

Trail Bud

Hooked
If you wheel you rig hard, it's going to eventually happen.....DAMAGE :icon_crazy: Sometimes it's in the form of a broken part of the drivetrain or maybe some sheet metal sees a little rock rash. Share your photos from the "great motivation, poor judgement" moments in your life :doh:

I will humble myself first; From last weekends Florence Junction/Superior, AZ trail run. Trail- Highway 2 Hell, should have followed the pack and not ventured into the uncharted rocks! Hopefully I will get more photos (or video) from Wayalife or Bleedbeat that will show my EVOJEEP wedged in the crevice that swallowed it. The rocks were about as tall as my 81" roofline height JK

Sorry to hear about the damage. Looked like a fun time.
Post more pics when you can

GCM 2

H2H is the most intimidating trail Ive ever SEEN let alone actually ran. Won't be back on there till I have more armor, 40s, and a rear 60 at the least.

Man, that is a massive rock garden in your second photo! Maybe the next time we run H2H you can tackle that beast with us :rock:

Sorry to hear about the damage. Looked like a fun time.
Post more pics when you can

Doug, that little bit of damage is not really that bad. The good times we had far surpass any damage woes I incurred :thumb:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
GCM 2 said:
Man, that is a massive rock garden in your second photo! Maybe the next time we run H2H you can tackle that beast with us :rock:

Appropriately named Rock Creek at Rausch Creek ORV park. About a 1 mile long glacial rock bed formed thousands of years ago. Awesome to see how many layers there are, dirt is about 5 to 10 feet below the top of the rocks.

Man Florence Junction is awesome. Def have to make it down next time you guys go there.

Hightower

Contribute

In one way I am sure we all hope to contribute to this thread because it means we are wheeling in another way I am sure we hope not to because it means you are wrenching or paying. LOL.:twocents::cheesy::cheesy:

Prime8

Seeing these pictures, damage aside, makes me wish I still lived in Phoenix! Damn Illinois... Sucks here...

GCM 2

Come damage that rig

Seeing these pictures, damage aside, makes me wish I still lived in Phoenix! Damn Illinois... Sucks here...

Prime, the housing market in PHX is now in the lead position for forclosures and newly built unowned homes in the US. Come on back anytime, and we can start gettign some desert pinstripes put on that rig :thumb:

Prime8

GCM 2 said:
Prime, the housing market in PHX is now in the lead position for forclosures and newly built unowned homes in the US. Come on back anytime, and we can start gettign some desert pinstripes put on that rig :thumb:

Haha, my XJ had custom AZ brush pinstriping! I'd love to move back, so would my wife. However I have a great job as a Caterpillar engineer and no one in phoenix wanted to hire me in 2010 when I graduated from ASU. So, if you can set me up with an awesome job at an awesome company, ill be there tomorrow!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:clap2: awesome thread!! after i get a bit more caught up on work, i'll have to post up some pics of you on that obstacles. :yup:

JKBANDIT55

Lol I just seen this on WOLs video. I was wondering why the spotter didn't make you go passenger a little more? ehhh it happens. Best part is when you make fun of eddies driving skills on that first climb. You can here them all in the back going "Oohhhhhhhh". lol

With my old Jk this happened...

I was playing in the desert near bullhead city. Next thing you know I hit a ditch.. Never made that mistake again. Drove all the way back to Colorado like this

DSC02215.jpg

GCM 2

Lol I just seen this on WOLs video. I was wondering why the spotter didn't make you go passenger a little more? ehhh it happens. Best part is when you make fun of eddies driving skills on that first climb. You can here them all in the back going "Oohhhhhhhh". lol

With my old Jk this happened...

I was playing in the desert near bullhead city. Next thing you know I hit a ditch.. Never made that mistake again. Drove all the way back to Colorado like this....

Man, I'm glad you revived the "damage report" thread! Yep, sometimes when you entrust your rig's well being into the hands of an unknown spotter this is what happens. Inside the jeep I just knew I was too far driverside, but committed to my spotter :crazyeyes:

Hightower

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1360530919.661853.jpg
Sometimes the broke part is common senses here is a photo of my wheel came off heading home from EJS last year at about 55. What did Grandpa say"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Man, I'm glad you revived the "damage report" thread! Yep, sometimes when you entrust your rig's well being into the hands of an unknown spotter this is what happens. Inside the jeep I just knew I was too far driverside, but committed to my spotter :crazyeyes:

I think you did the right thing. Trust your wingman until you know you can't!:yup:

Napalm90

430314_10200902891396744_135802496_n.jpg Bashed into rock first time wheeling in my 2013jkur ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366114669.872900.jpg Hit a goose...Thread revival!!!! I wanna see some more damage!!!

Last edited:

Skirmish

Don't have any pics of my first damage but my second run while I was still stock, about 1 mo old I took damage to the passenger rocker. I thought the plastic steps would absorb the rocks and save the body but I was sadly mistaken. The step pulled off the bolts and dented the back rocker about 6" long. A month later on the same obstacle I did the other side before I got my rails on.

Fast forward a year on another trail I got into a tough rock garden in a rainstorm and slid into a pointy rock denting my pass door and the body behind it. Some touch up paint and adding skins covered most of it.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366851246.049073.jpg
This is another guy following through the rocks I hit. The offender is ahead of his front pass tire.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366851315.923538.jpg

I this was the obstacle I did both rocker sides on. I believe it was shortly after this pic that I slid the driver tire and nailed the v notch with my driver step. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1366851554.516504.jpg

Top Bottom