Banks cold air system,,,,issues

Snsrubicon

Ok so I picked up the banks cold air system for my 2012 jk. Pretty simple to install. But I have to say fit and finish sucks. The air box and tube to the intake are help together by the air filter that is it. The air box and tube dont even fit snug it has a nice gap, its sealed because of the air filter.so when you are all done the things wobbles all over the place. I thought maybe they left something out but they didn't. Little more noise no big deal. I have not drove it enough to know about gas mileage or performance yet..if anyone has one or can give me some insight that would be great.

Scott

Devallee

I have the banks on my 09 and don't really have any complaints. Yeah the pieces don't really connect, sort of like an unfinished look but other than that I like it. You won't really feel any power gains or see gas mileage gains without a high flow exhaust. I paired mine with a dynomax competition exhaust and it gives it a nice sound and while the power on the lower end is almost unnoticeable, it'll turn some heads and get a little peppy when I step on the pedal. With that said, it's more sound you're getting than anything. You might feel a little more pickup but that's really for you to decide since most jeeps are built different and every person is different, I can't speak for you. The one thing I would STRONGLY advise is buying a pre-filter. The oiled filter attracts every bit of dust on the road and without a pre-filter you'll be cleaning your filter more often than you clean the jeep :cheesy: I don't mind the setup but I just wish it was a dry filter. Other than that, no real complaints here..get a pre-filter and enjoy your purchase! :beer:

2k13jk

When u built a cold air intake for my 13 jk i noticed at first i lost gas mileage but after 2 tanks f gas it got better mileage then stock

Snsrubicon

Banks cold air

I have the banks on my 09 and don't really have any complaints. Yeah the pieces don't really connect, sort of like an unfinished look but other than that I like it. You won't really feel any power gains or see gas mileage gains without a high flow exhaust. I paired mine with a dynomax competition exhaust and it gives it a nice sound and while the power on the lower end is almost unnoticeable, it'll turn some heads and get a little peppy when I step on the pedal. With that said, it's more sound you're getting than anything. You might feel a little more pickup but that's really for you to decide since most jeeps are built different and every person is different, I can't speak for you. The one thing I would STRONGLY advise is buying a pre-filter. The oiled filter attracts every bit of dust on the road and without a pre-filter you'll be cleaning your filter more often than you clean the jeep :cheesy: I don't mind the setup but I just wish it was a dry filter. Other than that, no real complaints here..get a pre-filter and enjoy your purchase! :beer:

Thanks for the input. I am going to get the exhaust this next week.

Snsrubicon

When u built a cold air intake for my 13 jk i noticed at first i lost gas mileage but after 2 tanks f gas it got better mileage then stock

Thanks so much for the input. I am getting better gas mileage. I am going to make something that goes around it so it stays in place better. I will post a picture of it when I am done.

Top Bottom