Cargo top by Off Road Heroes

Benito

Caught the Bug
Has anyone heard of or used these products? They look pretty cool and in the pictures the tips look good. I like the idea of this "cargo top"

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375291918.754984.jpg

Here is a link to the website

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I think xtsflt or whatever the hell his username is has one. He has the red rig on 42's for the Midwest somewhere.

(Not much help I know but it should help you out finding him on here)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice to see they are at least still doing business as Off Road Heros. This Canadian company has been around a long time and had such terrible customer service that they've had to change their name multiple times over the years, setup fake business addresses here in the US and had gotten banned from eBay. If they've finally gotten their act together, good for the consumer but, I wouldn't buy anything from them.

Atch

I think xtsflt or whatever the hell his username is has one. He has the red rig on 42's for the Midwest somewhere.

(Not much help I know but it should help you out finding him on here)

Yeah he has their top. He hasn't had any problems with it from what he's told me. It's a fairly pricey top if I remember correctly.

Fortunate

I have the fastback and it's a great product. Like WOL stated they had some serious problems on getting orders out and some serious customer service issues. There were even some crazy emails that were posted from the owner of the company.

I believe some were waiting months and months with little to no communication from Offroad Heroes about the status of the order. A year ago I took a chance and had my top in about 2 weeks so I don't know if that was pure luck or if they had finally got their act together.

Again, I think it's a great top but that's just my opinion.

B-rab

I have the ORH Fast back & I love the product! That's all I can really say about off road heros because I bought the top off of a buddy who took his jeep in another direction !

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE! B-l2ab!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'd seriously think twice about sending money to ORH. I feel the same about Benchmark Designs (if it's even still around.)

DallasJKU

I bought one. It took 3 months for delivery. It was a bitch to install. Drove on highway and hated how loud it was. Sold the next day for a $100 profit.

xflstl

I have both the cargo and fastback top, love them both. Great product, 1st install is pretty tough. Ordered mine around turkey day and got it just before Xmas. It might and I say might be slightly louder that a stock softop but not by much. About the company ORH, I can only say that I had no issues with them at all, they returned calls and emails promptly, and shipped the product out when they said they would. Took 8 days to get out of Canada, then took 2 days for ups to deliver it to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

DallasJKU

I have both the cargo and fastback top, love them both. Great product, 1st install is pretty tough. Ordered mine around turkey day and got it just before Xmas. It might and I say might be slightly louder that a stock softop but not by much. About the company ORH, I can only say that I had no issues with them at all, they returned calls and emails promptly, and shipped the product out when they said they would. Took 8 days to get out of Canada, then took 2 days for ups to deliver it to me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have no experience with a stock soft top so I was only basing my opinion on difference between hardtop and ORH. Not a fair comparison I know.

ljvsnyder

So looking at doing this top or a Trektop NX. Is there any comparison between the two? And are the prices on their website US or Canadian dollars?

Jeeper Jr.

So looking at doing this top or a Trektop NX. Is there any comparison between the two? And are the prices on their website US or Canadian dollars?

I think you are better off with the NX. it's a reputable company. The product is good as well from what I hear (WOL has it as do alot of people on here). Frankly, I think the NX looks way better too.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

xflstl

There prices are in US dollars. I dont think there are alot of differences in looks. I think the ORH top is a little more configurable. Like you can leave the front seat are covered and uncover the rear seat area or visa versa, as it is 3 totally seperate parts front/rear/cargo area. While this is a difference it is probably a rarely used option.
The cargo top look / option I love as is completely different than the trek top.
My suggestion is if you decide to go with ORH top, spend the extra $ if possible and get both fastback and cargo tops.

Sent from my SCH-I605

xflstl

Also what I did was to call ORH talk to the guy get firm dates of how long before he can ship, or if he has any in stock. (Dont just click and order online)Ask him to email you tracking numbers once shipped. FYI there is approximately a 5-8 day delay with Candian Shipping.

Sent from my SCH-I605

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Wow, talk about crusty old threads being revived. :crazyeyes:

I have seen both and hands down, it is my opinion that the Trektop NX is a superior product. It's essentially like a factory top but better being that it comes with the option to become a safari top and can still be opened up easily like a sunrider. Of course Bestop makes factory soft tops so you know you are getting a quality product. I should note that the door surrounds are just like factory too and I have found mine to be just as quite as my factory soft top.

Besides the Trektop NX being flat out better, I still wouldn't give ORH my money if only for the way they've conducted business in the past and conversations I've had with the owner. But hey, that's just me.

Top Bottom