ProComp Lift Questions

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
4" is A LOT of lift and the kit you're looking at is vastly lacking in components that would help keep your ON PAVEMENT ride nice. How big of a tire are you hoping to run?

StrikeOut73

4" is A LOT of lift and the kit you're looking at is vastly lacking in components that would help keep your ON PAVEMENT ride nice. How big of a tire are you hoping to run?

I'm wanting to run 35's now but 37's aren't out of the question later on.

seanb123

I agree that is seriously lacking in components. Try planning for the future buy an upgrade able lift or wait and do it all at once. Look into the rock krawler stock mod good start and can upgrade easily from and nets plenty of lift to run 35 or 37s

I assume you are looking to put this on the 2-door in your "My Rig" profile. If this is the case 37s are big and really require a BUNCH of other stuff. I personally would go with a 2.5" lift which will likely yield closer to 3-4" on a 2-Door and run 35s. Many lifts are scale-able to both suit your budget now but not corner you into a full replacement if/when you decide to change/upgrade.

The lacking components that WOL mentioned is why I would personally never entertain this lift. Just my :twocents:

JAGS

Hooked
Couple things to note on this lift. It nets you much more than 4". And that was on a 4-dr that I did a run with some months ago. Would think even more than more for a 2-dr. Also, the front sway bar links in the kit were shit (quality and length) and literally bent around his steering stabilizer/drag link.

Like others have said, maybe save up for something else or start a little smaller with a more upgradeable set-up.

Spartan

Rock Krawler and ORE both make good lifts that you can upgrade later. If you wait to go with the 2.5 I would look into the Teraflex 2.5BB. I don't know how they are for 2 doors, but it was great on my JKUR, and gave me a good amount of flex with 35's. and flat fenders.

1yellowjk

Jeep lifts are not F-150/Silverado lifts. I know Pro-Comp is big with the jacked up chevy guys, but not so much when it comes to Jeeps. Everyone I know who has purchased their kits have wished they didn't later.

If your on a budget I would recommend the RE kit here: http://www.4wd.com/Jeep-Lift-Kits-Jeep-Lift-Kits-Suspension/3-5-Standard-Suspension-System.aspx?t_c=1&t_s=38&t_pt=3533&t_pn=R%2fERE7122#

I have this lift and Pro Comp pro runner shocks and love it...plus you can add control arms later and upgrade to a long arm. That's just my opinion, there are many more kits out there better suited for your Jeep....I'm running 35's with flat fenders and no rubbing...4" is to much lift like WOL and others have said, plus driveshafts and exhaust mods will need to happen along with other small things. Unless your building a show Jeep.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This is 4.5" with 35's. both with factory fenders and cut factory fenders.

It's way to much lift. I could fit 40's.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375315154.760511.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375315183.542592.jpg

Top Bottom