Rock sliders maintenance?

Tranquillity

Just wondering if sliders need to be taken care of on a regular basis ? And what you do? Paint them after every trail? Need to sand the rust off or paint over it ?

I'm asking because I plan on getting high quality sliders and would like to keep them as long as possible of course.

sean.m.adams33

Needed? depends on how well you care about them. My PSC brawler rockers i just touch up with bed liner. If there is any rust i take a scotch brite pad and get it off first. :thumb:

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
My EVO sliders are virtually indestructible. Every now and then I will give them a touch-up of Rustoleum flat black to keep them pretty.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Before the winter I hit them with a wire brush attached to my drill to get any surface rust off, then paint them with some flat black like McPuck to keep any more from forming. :thumb:

Tranquillity

Great ! Thanks for the info guys. I plan going the EVO route with my sliders and I want to take care of them properly (Beside banging them on the trail :bleh:)

bl17z90

Just keep them painted or protected somehow that metal will rust quickly in the more humid areas.

Rob

If there are any sharp pointy gouges/scratches (stuff that can cut you) Ill hit them with a sanding wheel on my ginder. If they are just visual I dont even bother with any prep, I just hit them with black rustoleum.

Top Bottom