Gauges flashing but not loosing mechanical power.

DemonSpunk

This has been happening since I purchased the vehicle in October of 2011. Simply put (as you can see in the video), I'll be driving, sitting at a light, or parked with the engine on and the gauges will absolutely freak out. The dealership thinks I'm crazy even when I show them the videos I take. Ideas?

Here is the link to the video I put on YouTube. Any suggestions would be great.
http://goo.gl/6vt1fS

jeeeep

Hooked
check your battery connections and all your grounds. if it's not a new battery you may want to get it load tested.

Benito

Caught the Bug
had the same problem in a 2011. Dealership said there was a loose ground wire in the engine bay somewhere. I read somewhere it may be the clock spring in the steering column. went to get it checked again at the dealership rolled out in a 2013 rubi so I don't know what the problem ended up being

whiteyjfm

There are a few threads in some other forums about this same problem. I don't think anybody had pinpoint the exact cause of it yet. They say it is the sway bar disconnect, clock spring, loos ground on battery and in some cases the TIPM sensor.

Sone have this same problem and don't even have an electric sway bar disconnect. Our 2012 did it twice on the same weekend 2 months ago and never since. Good luck and I hope some dealer or Chrysler will get to the bottom of this problem and soon too.

DemonSpunk

This has been happening since I purchased the vehicle in October of 2011. Simply put (as you can see in the video), I'll be driving, sitting at a light, or parked with the engine on and the gauges will absolutely freak out. The dealership thinks I'm crazy even when I show them the videos I take. Ideas?

Here is the link to the video I put on YouTube. Any suggestions would be great.
http://goo.gl/6vt1fS

Tried that the first time with no luck.

DemonSpunk

had the same problem in a 2011. Dealership said there was a loose ground wire in the engine bay somewhere. I read somewhere it may be the clock spring in the steering column. went to get it checked again at the dealership rolled out in a 2013 rubi so I don't know what the problem ended up being

All week the dealership has given me the, "if we can't duplicate the problem then there is no problem". They have the video too. I have sent the dealership all the information you posted so perhaps they'll actually check something. If/when I get a solution I'll post it.

RUMMY

Looks like loose battery terminal or bad cell in battery . I had same thing happen in a chevy truck last year

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
how many times have you taken it to the dealer, hopefully most in 2011?
Did you leave it for them to inspect?
do you have documentation from the dealer - service paper showing they investigated and found nothing?
trying to find a loose electrical connection can drive a person crazy - it may even be in a connector and the heat may cause it to expand enough to lose the connection...
when does it normally happen?

DemonSpunk

how many times have you taken it to the dealer, hopefully most in 2011?
Did you leave it for them to inspect?
do you have documentation from the dealer - service paper showing they investigated and found nothing?
trying to find a loose electrical connection can drive a person crazy - it may even be in a connector and the heat may cause it to expand enough to lose the connection...
when does it normally happen?

I have documentation from the first time they inspected it. This time around (It has been at the dealership since 7/29/13 they have not found anything either. However, they are telling me they've opened a line of communication with Chrysler directly and are working through multiple trouble shooting procedures. When I purchased the vehicle I also purchased an unlimited mile, unlimited year warranty so whatever it ends up being they'll fix. I'm in a holding pattern now. Will post more information when it becomes available.

Top Bottom