ARB Fridge Issue

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Wondering if anyone out there has had this issue with their ARB fridge. Mine does not want to run at the medium/high setting for the automatic sensor that senses battery voltage. When I turn it to low (which will drain the battery to a lower level before shutting off) it runs ok. I have tried it in both my JK and Grand Cherokee with the same results. I checked my voltage drop from the battery to the power plug to the end of the cord where it plugs into the fridge and there is virtually no loss of voltage. Also, cleaned it real well and checked all wires for a loose connection.

It also seems sporadic on how long it wants to run before giving me the red "check" light. Anyone had this happen to theirs?

Also, has anyone had one repaired anywhere? Mine is still under warranty, but it sounds like you need to ship it to get it fixed.

Thanks,:thinking::thinking:

Wizard

Did you check the voltage drop when the compressor is cutting in to run, as this is the highest power draw period for the fridge.

One more question. Does the fridge have this problem with the vehicle motor running, or just when it's turned off?

Hanzo

Had the same problem with mine when connected to the factory rear plug. Called ARB and they recommended adding the ARB wiring kit for the freezer. Haven't had any problems since. Fridge works great and no more flashing red fault indicator. Make sure you have a good battery though. I was still running the factory batt and it drained it enough to where I couldn't start the Jeep. Also my JKU is 3 yrs old so I probably need a better battery anyway. Especially in this south texas heat. Hope this helps.

JP

Top Bottom