Need a strategy for EVO upgrade

pastorwug

Here's where I could use some opinions and options:
1. Currently have stock 2011 JKU Rubi with the stock 31"(?) tires and stock wheels
2. Just bought a great set of 37" tires on great new wheels with better backspacing from fellow on WOL forum
3. Tire and wheel set came with full set of Teraflex Long Arms (the style that need welded on brackets apparently) - a great deal indeed!
4. Got an estimate from EVO for coilovers, gears, long arm installation, drive shaft etc.

Question is:
I can't drive the Jeep from Santa Maria to Fullerton with 37s and no lift - won't work
Can't drive the Jeep back to Santa Maria from Fullerton with new gearing and lift with stock 31s and spacers?
Can't bolt on lift at home and then pay to have EVO remove it all and weld them in, seems like a bunch of extra work for nothing.
Thought about trailering the JKU down but don't own a vehicle that could pull the trailer with the Jeep.
I have a military trailer (M101A) that could carry the wheels down with me but would need a major drop hitch for trip home (most likely option)

Ideas?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Take your fenders off and put the 37's on. Or if you have AAA put the 37's on and call for a tow to Fullerton for free.

jhires

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

GCM 2

pastorwug, you must not want that EVO work done very badly brother! :cheesy: I drove from Scottsdale, AZ with four 40" tires in my jeep with another 40" mounted on my old OR Fab tire carrier. Load that jeep up and drive to Off Road Evolution :thumb:

pastorwug

have you thought about shipping the 37's to evo?

Interesting enough, I picked them up from EVO as the fellow I purchased them from left them there.
Couldn't leave them there, they have a policy about people's stuff lying around their shop - imagine that. :yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
pastorwug, you must not want that EVO work done very badly brother! :cheesy: I drove from Scottsdale, AZ with four 40" tires in my jeep with another 40" mounted on my old OR Fab tire carrier. Load that jeep up and drive to Off Road Evolution :thumb:

Exactly! You only need four tires anyway not all 5.

pastorwug

Man, I want it bad - saving up the $9K was the bigger hurdle - now I need to schedule and just get down there.
If you did it with 40" tires then I surely can with 37s. Put 4 in back and mount the 5th on the back.

What did you do with your stock wheels and tires - haul them home, or leave them at Goodwill? ;)

GCM 2

Man, I want it bad - saving up the $9K was the bigger hurdle - now I need to schedule and just get down there.
If you did it with 40" tires then I surely can with 37s. Put 4 in back and mount the 5th on the back.

What did you do with your stock wheels and tires - haul them home, or leave them at Goodwill? ;)

I had AEV Pintler wheels with 35" BFG KM2's on the jeep when I drove it in to ORE for my build. They were replaced with Walker Evans Beadlocks and 40" Goodyear MTR/K. I just loaded the four AEV/BFG wheel/tire combo back in the jeep drove it home to AZ and sold the old wheels immediately upon arrival.

Top Bottom