Dual top option question?

Dewker

Do you have to take the hard top off to remove the soft top for the first time after getting your new wrangler with the dual top option? I just ordered my '14 and the dealer told me i had 48 hrs to add anything. I am strongly thinking of adding the dual top option and just began to think about how the soft top would come out. If anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it.

86 CJ7

Yes, you will have to take off the hardtop to take out the soft top. I got the dual top option, but wish I only got the hardtop. You can same some money and buy a Bestop Trektop NX, I wish I had. I think the Trextop NX is a much nicer top.

TheDuff

I thought u just get the hard top on the jeep and then u have to remove it and put all the soft top stuff on to use the soft top?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Skirmish

The soft top is installed then the hard top is installed over it. Both only take a little while to remove but you will need help to get the hard top off. The soft top is just a couple torx bolts. You would also get boxes of extra stuff like the door surrounds that are needed with the soft top, the soft windows and the rear window bar.

Spartan

I like the fast back look, but you lose cargo space when you got that rout.

I got the Duel top, and was happy with it. Had problems with mine wearing out to fast at the joints. The dealer did warranty replacements 3 times before they recall to add a shielding bracket came out. All new Jeeps now come with that.

Unless you want a frameless soft top I would order it with your Jeep, so it's covered under warranty.

Napalm90

Do you have to take the hard top off to remove the soft top for the first time after getting your new wrangler with the dual top option? I just ordered my '14 and the dealer told me i had 48 hrs to add anything. I am strongly thinking of adding the dual top option and just began to think about how the soft top would come out. If anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it.

Yes. Just so you know the new premium top Is NIIIICCCCCEEEEEE. Was gonna get the Trektop NX and sell the new one but I like the new premium material so much better than the NX I also Like the look of the factory one over the NX

Top Bottom