395 Camping Trip - 5/12

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I know this is really last minute of me to post this up but, if anyone is interested, Moochie, Cindy and I are planning to head up the Owens Valley to do an overnight camping trip. More than likely, we'll be setting up camp somewhere up in Mazourka Canyon or maybe south of Big Pine. So that it's clear, this is not a hardcore wheeling trip but rather, a relaxing time out in the wilderness with friends and with some sight seeing to make things interesting. Needless to say, any rig whether it's built up or stock is more than welcome to join us.

If you think you can make it, please be sure to bring food and water for yourself and your passengers as well as firewood. We will be dry camping so please be prepaired to pack out everything you pack in. The weather will be on the warm side in the valley but, if we head up into the mountains, it will be on the cool side especially at night so be sure to dress accordingly.

The Plan
Meet up in Lone Pine
9:30 AM - Saturday, May 12th
Shell Station at the North end of town

If you'd like to meet up for breakfast, we will be at the Alabama Hills Cafe which is on 111 W. Post Street at 8:30 AM. From there, it'll be an adventure that will end on Sunday the 13th. Please let me know if you have any questions if you like to join us. :cool:

Who's Coming
1. Cindy & Eddie
2. Moochie
3. Doug

Maybe List
1. Chris

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I've got the time and been wanting to experience the socal outdoors, but in between semesters right now I gotta limit spending.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, i know i posted this up real late and i'm sorry for that. having just gotten back from arizona, i wasn't sure we were going to be able to pull this off and i apologize for not getting this up sooner.

Out of curiosity, is Owens Valley the same area as Owens River Gorge?

the owens river gorge is at the north end of the valley by bishop. we will be camping just a bit south of that near big pine.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
wayoflife said:
yeah, i know i posted this up real late and i'm sorry for that. having just gotten back from arizona, i wasn't sure we were going to be able to pull this off and i apologize for not getting this up sooner.

the owens river gorge is at the north end of the valley by bishop. we will be camping just a bit south of that near big pine.

Good to know. If you head out that way again I may have to join you. It's been a wile, but in my early 20's we used to rock climb in the Gorge. That entire area is beautiful.

I almost decided to start packing and steal Vince's Jeep and head up there, but I really need to get to work mounting some tires and wheels tomorrow. Have fun and thanks for posting this.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just a heads up, since nobody else has posted up, we're gonna skip the meet up time and head out early

StrizzyChris

If it werent for some obligations I would have def liked to join you guys! Some time soon, I hope to make one of these trips. Have fun and a few shots in honor of us lowly forum folk! :drinks:

Top Bottom