Painting my evo sliders

Tranquillity

Ok so I chose to go with EVO, now I will need to paint them. Any advice with that? Putting a primer is a good idea or a waste of $$? How many coat should I do? Will a rattle do a clean job? (beside my skills of course)

Thanks!

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Primer is a great prep. I'm a fan of the Self-etching primer from NAPA but I'm sure there are other brands. It will keep the paint from just coming off and give it a good surface prep. I've rattle canned alot of steel and the stuff I didn't prime never looked as good or lasted as long. :twocents:

silverbackjk

I also had a question in regards to this. Would any steel that you wanted to paint need to be sanded or sand blasted. I know when they powder coat they sand blast before painting.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
A good self etching primer works great and alleviates the need for blasting. As long as there isn't scale on them you should be able to get a good finish on them with just rattle cans. I guess it depends on what condition they arrived in.

Blasting will provide the best finish.

Also, I always wipe steel down with denatured alcohol before paint. I do this to make sure there isn't any grease or oil on them before paint.

WAYALIFE APP 🍺

Top Bottom