A seat issue I need assistance with...

T-Rob

So, my wife and I are traveling from NC to FL and make a stop. My wife is getting back into the Jeep on the passenger side and has to get something out of the back and hits the lever to slide the seat forward. Well...lol...I'm not exactly sure what she did, but the back of the seat will not lock back into the upright position. I looked underneath the seat and see the cable that works the system, but I'm not sure what is wrong or how the system works. Anybody have this problem before? Can anybody help me? I would greatly appreciate it. Getting ready to be stationed in Germany and was planning on shipping it Monday.

ATW,
Chief

Chief, Thank you for your service.

Two or four door?

do you feel tension on the handle when moving it?

there should be a torx tip which holds the handle in place. remove the handle and see if the cable end popped out of the carrier. Might need to use some needle nose pliers to put it back on.

R/
Will

T-Rob

It's a 2-Dr. Well, just came back from outside playing with it. Whatever it was, it's gone. Just played around with the both the handles and I guess it reset itself. All is good again. LOL. Thanks for the Help.

Tranquillity

It's a 2-Dr. Well, just came back from outside playing with it. Whatever it was, it's gone. Just played around with the both the handles and I guess it reset itself. All is good again. LOL. Thanks for the Help.

Guess that's what happens when you play too hard with the wife in the jeep :cheesy:

HORNYTOAD

Same thing happened to my jeep. It was like that for a month I even looked into replacing both seats then one day out of the blue it corrected itself. never found out what caused it.

Top Bottom