jk camber

miguel250r

OK I installed a lift on my 2dr jk 3 weeks ago and I was gonna wait awhile to have it aligned to give it time to settle n what not well the other day I noticed my tires starting to cup so I took it to the local tire shop this morning and they said my caster was way off so he fixed that but also my drivers front tire had .5° of camber pointed in on top the guy said some jeeps are that way or I hit a bump n tweaked the axle a little bit but he said he can put a offset ball joint in to correct it for $275 for parts and labor both has anybody had the similar problem?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, everyone and their mother running bigger tires have camber on their front wheels. If you don't have c-gussets installed, I would do that before spending any money on off set ball joints. Otherwise, your axle c's will just continue to bend and your ball joints will have just been a waste. And, truth be told, over time, your axle tubes will start bending where they meet at the diff and, you will have camber again. Only thing that will fix that is a new ProRock 44 front axle.

miguel250r

Yeah, everyone and their mother running bigger tires have camber on their front wheels. If you don't have c-gussets installed, I would do that before spending any money on off set ball joints. Otherwise, your axle c's will just continue to bend and your ball joints will have just been a waste. And, truth be told, over time, your axle tubes will start bending where they meet at the diff and, you will have camber again. Only thing that will fix that is a new ProRock 44 front axle.

Ya I told him just to fix the caster maybe before I get my new tires I can gusset it all up and get the camber corrected

Top Bottom