Lift questions

UpsideUp

Is anybody running a 2.5" suspension lift and 1" body lift to get the desired 3.5" lift? I was wondering if this prevents having to buy new drive lines, brake lines, etc? Or is this just a cheap idea and should be avoided? All help on this welcomed and appreciated.

bob-o12jk

Banned
I did this a while back, I bought a tf 2.5" lift and was going to get 5, 35" km2's for $1800 but I ended up finding a deal on 37" km2's with only 2k miles on 4 and 0 miles on the spare for $1000. I was a newbie back.then so I bought a rough country body lift from ebay for $100 shipped. It worked great for a long time until recently when I decided to remove it to lower my center of gravity a bit and then have a real heavy finger on the sawzall to trim the pinch seams even more.
I also swapped out.the front tf springs for rk springs and put on bilstein shocks for a 4" lift in the front and 2" in the rear qitb EVO rock stars.
Just ran john bull, dish pan springs, and Holcomb creek without any rubbing issues.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

First question which needs to be answered is why do you want to go with a 3.5 lift? Is it to run bigger tires? This has been hashed out on several threads here. http://wayalife.com/search.php?searchid=1090379

Second question would be what type of wheeling are you planning on doing?

There are several on the forum who are running a 2.5 BB. I am one of those wishing I had invested the money on a better lift. Now I will have to upgrade my lift to get the desired affect. More articulation for running tougher trails.

If you are wanting to run 35's then a 2.5 inch lift with cut or flat fenders will work. I would also recommend installing C gussets like the ones from Offroad Evolution whch will run you about $60.00.

A Budget Boost and body lift IMHO is the cheap way to get the desired lift. There are several lifts available out there ranging from 2.5 inches all the way up to 6 inches.

R/
Will

UpsideUp

lift questions

Thank you guys for your responses. I knew there were a ton of posts on lifts but they all seem to deal with which company is better and the extreme lift builds.
To answer your question about tires is I would love to go to a 35 x 12.5 but was thinking of doing this with my current tire size of 32 bfg's. I didn't want it to look funny with the small tires until I can get up the money to do the bigger tires.
Then there is a cost factor with it seemingly cheaper option then getting a 3" set up. And with what I have read here is that once you get into the 3" systems that's when the cost of drive lines and stuff start to add up. Not just the cost of the lift.
The type of trails I intend to do is mostly off road Sierra Nevada stuff. This is my daily driver so body damage to a minimum is preceded by I'm by no means going to baby it. Creek and river crossings, some crawling, and the occasional moderate difficult trail runs are what I figure.
But its hard to see the 37" tires on 6" lift and not dream big. Just looking for off road capable with good road mannors I guess.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is anybody running a 2.5" suspension lift and 1" body lift to get the desired 3.5" lift? I was wondering if this prevents having to buy new drive lines, brake lines, etc? Or is this just a cheap idea and should be avoided? All help on this welcomed and appreciated.

I've done it and it is a cheap way to get you running 35's without any rubbing of your factory fenders but, you will still need to extend your rear brake lines, install new rear sway bar links and move your factory rear links up front. As far as drive shafts go, if you run factory shocks, factory shocks with extensions or new shocks that are about the same length, you will not need to get new ones. IF you get new shocks that provide more droop, you will still need to get a front shaft if you have a 2007-11 automatic or a 2012-up automatic or manual.

Lagavulin

Actually those modifications aren't really that bad. Or at least what I gather is they wouldn't be time or money consuming.

Lagavulin

1. I have a 2 inch lift with spacers in the rear and Id like to take change them to springs. Is that possible?

2. Im hesitant to ask this question but would it be unwise to do a lift in stages? Replacing things little by little from a 2 inch to a 2.5-3 inch?

Top Bottom