lift kit and tires Q

DWRAN

Hey guys, i'm new here, so i have a few issues i need you to help me with..
I currently drive 08 jku rubi, it has 2.5" oldman emo lift, and still 255-75-17 wheels.
My goal is 4.5" kit and 35" tires.
What you guys recommend to do first? i need to fix the horrible brake-over angel.
also, i'm looking for a kit that be soft and will not do my JK stiff and hard driving jeep....

Any opinions? ideas?

Thanks a lot!
Ran

Attachments

• IMG_2335.jpg
    IMG_2335.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 150

Spartan

The question is why 4.5in? If you want that much lift you should really go with 37's or 40's. with 35's a 3-4 in lift will give you plenty of flex. The lift you have should fit 35's, but you would want to go with flat fenders or a fender trim, so you could get more flex. I ran 35's with a 2.5 TF BB and flat fender on my 2010 JKUR and had a decent amount of flex.

joelbarras20

I am running OME 2.5 kit with 35s with no problems. I ran it with uncut fenders and cut fenders just need to put in some bump stops.

DWRAN

hey guys thx for the answers.
the reason i want 4.5" is because of the terrible brake over angel. it's a very long wheel base..
i know that i can run 35" on my 2.5" lift. but i don't want to "seat" every second rock.
anf for the tire size- 35" is biggest i'll go because i drive this jeep on a daily base and i don'n want it to be
intolerable for this purpose.

thanks
Ran

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
hey guys thx for the answers.
the reason i want 4.5" is because of the terrible brake over angel. it's a very long wheel base..
i know that i can run 35" on my 2.5" lift. but i don't want to "seat" every second rock.
anf for the tire size- 35" is biggest i'll go because i drive this jeep on a daily base and i don'n want it to be
intolerable for this purpose.

thanks
Ran

Running bigger tires alone will help improve your break over angles and without unnecessarily raising your center of gravity. If you are seating every second rock, you should try focusing on picking better lines or using a spotter. Trust me, 2.5"-3" of lift and 35's will get you though just about any trail you need including the Rubicon.

DWRAN

Running bigger tires alone will help improve your break over angles and without unnecessarily raising your center of gravity. If you are seating every second rock, you should try focusing on picking better lines or using a spotter. Trust me, 2.5"-3" of lift and 35's will get you though just about any trail you need including the Rubicon.

Thanks Eddie.
How terrible would it be to run 35" with the original 4.10 on the the 2008 3.8 engine? or should i re-gear to 4.88?
Is switching to flat fenders is a must or i could use different bump stop?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie.
How terrible would it be to run 35" with the original 4.10 on the the 2008 3.8 engine? or should i re-gear to 4.88?
Is switching to flat fenders is a must or i could use different bump stop?

So long as you make sure to properly calibrate your speedometer, it isn't bad at all. Not stellar but, not bad. 4.88's will give you back stock performance and 5.13's will give you a bit of a boost in power. Running flat fenders is not a must. Being that you are running OME coils, you might have enough lift to clear your fenders at a full flex.

DWRAN

So long as you make sure to properly calibrate your speedometer, it isn't bad at all. Not stellar but, not bad. 4.88's will give you back stock performance and 5.13's will give you a bit of a boost in power. Running flat fenders is not a must. Being that you are running OME coils, you might have enough lift to clear your fenders at a full flex.

OK. thanks :)

jeeeep

Hooked
I ran 35's with the stock 4.10 for quite awhile before upgrading gears - made many trips over mountain passes that did require OD lockout to keep the tranny from seeking gears but even when wheeling I always kept OD locked out. If you tow you'll also want to lock out OD.
get something like SuperChips to calibrate for tires and shift points - it'll also give you other options for fuel etc.
Running 35's with the 4.10's will drop your mileage but hey, it's a Jeep

Spartan

Is this true with the 12+ engines as well?

Veetz

I started out with a 3 inch lift and 35's , but then I added the steel bumpers and rock sliders and it kinda defeated the 3 in, so changed to the bds 4.5 coils front and rear and wow what a difference, I have the bush wackier fenders that I kinda sit on the fence with, just make sure you're-center your steering wheel and adjust your axle centers, and AEV has a proclaiming module for your speedo and more when you change your tire size

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is this true with the 12+ engines as well?

No. With the new 3.6L motor, you can run 35's with just factory 4.10 gears so long as your speedo is properly calibrated. Heck, I'm running 37's with that setup now and, while a higher ratio gear would be nice, it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Been doing this for well over a year now.

Top Bottom