2 Door lift questions from a newb to lifts

Ldogg

I am currently running the stock 32's on my 2 door rubicon. Stock shocks, stock fenders. I bought an 08 used with 40k miles on it. I have looked at several kits and I am trying to decide which way to go. I had thought about the 2.5" teraflex spring lift, and then saw the AEV dual sport for just a few hundred more.but then after reading posts and searching I am leaning towards the enforcer kit with 3" coils. I plan on running 35's and not cutting fenders right now. I would like to go with flats later and maybe 37's down then road but I know that I will need to do additional work to the axles before then. My question is can I run the stock rubicon shocks or should I just get the blisteins now and then king shocks down the road? Is there anything else besides gussets I should do right away? I was going to get the drag link flip kit too. I am running the stock 4:10 gears and I was thinking about swapping them but not sure where to go and If I can do it myself. I plan on installing the kit myself as long as its pretty straight forward. I don't plan on doing any extreme trails now but I also don't want to buy it again later. No bumper or winch yet but those will be next on the list.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that you have a 2-door, you should plan on getting a new rear drive shaft and adjustable rear upper control arms if you do go with the Enforcer kit or any kit that will yield 3" of lift or more as would be the case with the TF 2.5" kit. If you have an automatic, you need to get a new front shaft as well especially if you decide to get new longer shocks to go with the kit. If you run the factory rubicon shocks with extensions, you will be fine up front. At this height, a drag link flip/track bar relocation kit would be good to have. Gussets are good to get as are chromoly front shafts with full circle clips too.

Ldogg

Thx for the info that's exactly what I was looking for. It's an auto and running the stock 4:10's so I want to make sure I do it all right the first time. I would rather wait and source parts then cause things to fail because I rushed it.

Top Bottom